JVD excursion NCL

ClevelandCruisin

I have done it before, and I'm currently at 138 days from sailing again. I check the NCL website daily waiting for it to open up. White Bay is stunning, and great Painkillers at the Soggy Dollar Bar... If you want a great quiet beach, take the earlier time slot. However, the only thing open at that time will be the Soggy Dollar. I am going to try to get the later time slot, as there are other bars there that don't open until around lunch time.

As far as "what to know", White Bay is home to the Soggy $ Bar, Seddie's One Love Bar, Ivan's, Heidi's, and a couple other places. Over the hill via taxi or a rigorous 20 min walk is Great Harbor where Foxy's and other places are located. But White Bay is the beach you want. You can see how crowded it gets in the afternoon here -

http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam

We did this in May - loved it. The boat ride over was nice and the beach is awesome. Soft sand and warm water. We took the early time slot and only Soggy Dollar was open but it was not crowded. As we were leaving it was getting real busy not to mention it was starting to rain (which it did on most of our cruise) We plan on Escaping to Jost again the next time we port in Tortola.