Current wifi info requested

IndiTravler

The hubby and I are looking at our first SeaDream cruise.

On the their website I see "wifi is available." As the hubby has to keep in contact with the office, so I need to know more. I've searched the forum and the most recent info seems to be a year old and that wifi is $35/day, only in rooms, and slow.

Can someone provide current info for the decision making process?

Edited by IndiTravler

In December I bought a couple of days still at $35 each. I think the week is $99. WiFi was fair to poor with poor the norm. Can't open many links or files and it is normally very slow. WiFi is an ongoing critique of SeaDream. Otherwise, we had a fabulous time.

We just got off SD2,

Paid 129.00 for 9 days. WiFi was poor! Not sure how often you need to report into the office but my husband didn't have a problem finding bars or restaurants to keep up to date with the office on (most) islands.

We would joke at drinks vs emails it took him to answer! Haha!

Some islands were a 3 drink/email day! ;)

Last year it was very slow, and forget uploading/downloading files unless they are tiny. I was hoping when we sail in a few weeks it would have improved, but from the responses that doesn't sound like it's happened. I'm not a techie, but 2 years ago it was much faster and I was able to upload and download files -- so are they possibly restricting the bandwidth? I recently sailed on Celebrity (I know there's no comparison) their wifi was very fast -- so it is possible at sea. I'd be willing to pay more ($99 for the week seems inexpensive to me) to have faster internet. Not a deal breaker and it's actually nice to have 1 week that's totally work free, but the poor internet does keep me from considering multiple sailings in the year.