Diving

gonesalsa

We're doing a 7 day cruise out of Bali in September on the Starclipper. Are there any diving excursions?

You are in the same boat as me. The cruise Personaliser doesn't list excursions: they only say diving is an option.

I would love to return to Tulamben on the far side of Bali, I've dived there on a number of occasions on the USS Liberty wreck...

6343715839_a479902ae1_z.jpg

Years ago SC had their own DMs aboard with all the requisite gear aboard - tanks, compressors, BCs, etc. - and we'd dive from the ship's Zodiacs. We'd usually be at 60' an hour after the ship's crew dropped the hook. They don't do dive stuff anymore - apparently the issue is multiple regulations for multiple countries and multiple insurance issues. It was fun while it lasted. Addressing your current concern - pardon my geezing - my thinking is that the dive excursions are few and far between. We saw none offered in our three weeks in the eastern Med and haven't seen too many in the Caribbean. Maybe you could DIY . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Starclipper this past Jan 2017 and was happy to find they have hired a Dive Instructor to be on board. He was excellent and I got to do 3 dives. His contract is for a year so he should be on your ship. I suggest you bring your own fins as the ones on board were awful. Have fun

• 2 weeks later...
I was on Starclipper this past Jan 2017 and was happy to find they have hired a Dive Instructor to be on board. He was excellent and I got to do 3 dives. His contract is for a year so he should be on your ship. I suggest you bring your own fins as the ones on board were awful. Have fun

That's great news!