Oasis of the Seas: Questions About DS3

ahughes517

Hello! My husband and I are sailing for the second time on the Oasis of the Seas, bringing along DS3 for his first cruise. I have a few questions related to his experience:

1. Is it OK for us to being a few snacks for him for our cabin? Nothing perishable, but things like yogurt pouches, Goldfish, etc.?
  2. We're in a "pre-potty training" stage, with the Jan 2018 cruise as the goal for full-on potty use...but always possible he won't be potty trained by then...I know Adventure Ocean is 3+ and requires potty training, but could we drop him off in the smaller kids' area? I'm guessing the answer is no, but seeing if anyone has experience here.
  3. Any restrictions on bringing him into areas like the Schooner Bar or the Champagne Bar? Thinking about pre-dinner drinks...for DH and me, of course. ;)

Thanks so much for any help!

Yes indeed, you may bring snacks! Prepackaged is fine for ON the ship and off the ship!

If your child is 3 on boarding day, the "nursery" won't take them. The kids club will call you if there is an accident...but they don't do any changing or potty "help". It might be "3 strikes, you're out", but you have time to complete his training...and you can always stop in to help him if he can't go more than an hour or so!

You may take your child into any bar or lounge....(except the nightclub after something like 11pm)...it's not like land-based bars at all!

You can get yogurt and cereal and fruit from the buffet at breakfast and store it in your cabin for your child to always have snacks. You can take the cereal boxes on excursions for snacks whenever your child is whiny or hungry.

It's too late for you but Cunard and carnival change diapers, and ncl will give you a beeper and beep you if your child needs to be changed. I'm not sure if rc makes any accommodations for almost potty trained kids. Hopefully you'll make it by then