Current Silversea Tours of St. Petersburg

torst

i will be doing a Baltic Cruise in the summer of 2018 and doing some advance research. I would be grateful if someone could provide me with information including prices of the tours offered by the ship. I am leaning toward a private tour but would like to make an educated comparison. Thank You

Do yourself a BIG favor and forget about ships tours. You will be so much better off with a private tours with a company like Denrus, Alla or Red October. You get your own car with driver and guide, you set the agenda, no buses with forty other people, you don't have to keep returning to the ship to get off one tour and on another plus the guides are typically far better. And it usually doesn't cost more than the ships' tours.

We used SPB Tours and were very grateful that we did. Not only did our small group of 9 get preferential entry - it was gratifying to walk past the SS group queuing for entry! We paid in the region of $350 for the 3 day tour. The max is 16 in a group and if you organise a group for your voyage they may well offer some discount. We also found our guide and driver to be excellent. I really couldn't recommend them highly enough.

The only thing I would say is that there is so much to see on these tours that they can feel rather rushed and each day, while passing quickly, is quite long.

We will be on Silver Whisper in St Petersburg next month. We have a substantial OBC to use, so I spent a lot of time studying the SS shore excursions. Despite the OBC, I decided to book the 2-day tour with SPB. I simply could not see all the things I wanted to see by cobbling together the various SS tours. The SS Hermitage tour alone was almost as expensive as the full SPB 2-day tour, but the SPB itinerary covers most everything I wanted to see.

So far, SPB has been incredibly professional to deal with - I couldn't be more impressed. They also offer attractive packages for combining tours in other ports, so I suggest you take a look at their website.

I always post reviews of cruises here on CC, so check back in a few months and I will certainly review the cruise and the SPB tours both here and on Trip Advisor.

We too used SPB (in 2015). Four other SS guests and a couple we collected in St Petersburg made up our group. The guide was willing to add things that interested us, including a brief ride on the metro, and allowed for the more active among us who wanted a quick walk round the gardens while two of the group admired the view nearer the fountains. Excellent booking system too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yet another who used SPB tours and was incredibly pleased to have done so.We had a private tour so we even went past the small group SBP tours and in the mornings first into museums.However quite a few we know have done the small group tours and really enjoyed them

SBP was very easy to work with.No trouble with visas,payment or the organisation of the tours.We asked for some slight changes to the tour and it was no problem.