Solo on Carnival

Glitch1928

Hi all, I'm doing a quick solo trip to see how I like solo and Carnival. I've noticed a singles meet and greet in the Fun Times, but I'm not single, just solo. [emoji57] Does anyone know if the meet and greet is more focused on hooking up or would be a good option for solo?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never sensed it was for "hooking up", just a way for passengers traveling by themselves to meet others in the same situation.

Roz

I've never sensed it was for "hooking up", just a way for passengers traveling by themselves to meet others in the same situation.

Roz

Thanks. I'm married and 47, so hoping I can find a similar demographic. [emoji57]I'm pretty introverted, as well, so something geared to ice breaking is helpful.

Hi all, I'm doing a quick solo trip to see how I like solo and Carnival. I've noticed a singles meet and greet in the Fun Times, but I'm not single, just solo. [emoji57] Does anyone know if the meet and greet is more focused on hooking up or would be a good option for solo?

Carnival's Single/Solo M&G is a good option for a solo cruiser but it's a hit or miss. Unlike NCL, there normally isn't anyone from Carnival's entertainment staff there. Just giving you a heads up.

I would advise to have set dining, early or late. Carnival is usually good at putting solos on the same table.

Good point! I am on the early seating as of now - I may switch to the later seating, though. Early is a little too early and we don't depart Nassau until 8:00 pm. I may skip MDR that night anyway, though - not really interested in hauling on clothes for elegant night for a 3 day cruise. :)