Additional Tipping?

CountryGuy13

There are some older threads out there on this topic, but I wanted to confirm they are still valid (sorry if its a repeat): I'm going on my first cruise in August, and I elected to pre-pay tips. I'm also aware drink service is added to any bar bills (so that's covered while I'm going).

Is there anyone NOT covered by tips that I should be aware of, that should be tipped? I'm thinking along the lines of bus drivers for excursions, etc? I know many people make their living off tips and I don't want to short-change anyone (but don't want to double-tip either!)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Grr, just saw someone posted a very similar question on just the shore excursions, so keeping the question in place but think I have that one answered, lol

Edited by CountryGuy13
Thread move fast in the First Time Cruiser forum :)

It would also help to know the cruise line. For example, I know that on Royal Caribbean, the crewmembers who deliver room service are not part of the tip pool, so we tip them separately.

Generally, room service is "kitchen" staff...so do tip them at time of delivery. If you're in a suite with a butlers, they aren't included in the tipping...so tip separately at the end of the cruise.

Excursions....if it's simply driving you from one place to another, no tip is needed....you PAID for transport! If there is a guide that really adds to your day, then a small tip is nice...$5-10 is ample. We have had guides that did nothing...so no tip for them!

Check you bill at the spa (if you use it!)...they sometimes ADD a tip onto the bill. If they do that, feel free NOT to tip additionally!

Pretty much everyone else is either included in the tips they charge daily or in any fees you pay (like at specialty restaurants).

It would also help to know the cruise line. For example, I know that on Royal Caribbean, the crewmembers who deliver room service are not part of the tip pool, so we tip them separately.

Makes sense - Its on Royal Caribbean.

On the website it says they are included in the prepaid gratuities.