What to do near the port

Kingisacruiser

Hello all,

We booked a cruise that will stop one day in Bermuda. A lot of the information provided seems to be for those that will be docked in Bermuda overnight. I will only be docked for one day.

I will be in Bermuda from 8 am- 4 pm (so boarding time is 3:30 pm) at the end of July. I will be with 5 others (3 are children ages 12,11 and 9), my mom who is quite active and my husband. Can you all give us some ideas on activities that does not include a beach or shopping.

I am grateful for all ideas. We booked this trip relatively last minute so I am trying to research during my free time

The answer may partially depend on the day of the week you'll be in Bermuda. Are you on the Anthem of the Seas, which is in Bermuda on Saturday,July 22? There is reduced ferry and bus service on weekends, with Sunday having even less service than Saturday.

I disagree with the previous poster's suggestion of Crystal Cave. First, it's a long trip from the Dockyard (which is where the Anthem docks) so you'll spend a big percentage of your day just traveling back and forth. Second, although your mother is active, entering Crystal Cave requires walking down, and then up, over 80 steps that can be a bit slippery. It might be too much for her.

My suggestion for a one day visit would be to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach, but since you've stated you don't want to go to a beach, or shop, I'd consider visiting the National Museum of Bermuda, which is located on the Dockyard grounds. https://nmb.bm/

If you want to get an overview tour of Bermuda you could engage the services of a Blue Flag taxi driver. Blue Flag drivers are certified tour guides. There's a taxi staging area just a short walk from your ship's dock. For 5 - 7 passengers in the taxi, the tour fare would be $70 per hour (per vehicle, not per person) with a three hour minimum. The drivers are good at making suggestions for a tour itinerary. Just make sure the driver's badge indicates that he is Blue Flag certified.

Hello all,

We booked a cruise that will stop one day in Bermuda. A lot of the information provided seems to be for those that will be docked in Bermuda overnight. I will only be docked for one day.

I will be in Bermuda from 8 am- 4 pm (so boarding time is 3:30 pm) at the end of July. I will be with 5 others (3 are children ages 12,11 and 9), my mom who is quite active and my husband. Can you all give us some ideas on activities that does not include a beach or shopping.

I am grateful for all ideas. We booked this trip relatively last minute so I am trying to research during my free time

Here's a list of some things that can be done in walking distance of your cruise ship; some may have been posted by PPs:

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

The museum at the Dockyard is great. For the price of admission,you can go and hang out and watch the dolphins at Dolphin Quest. A nice playground for the kids is right there too.

Laura