New Document Package

duct tape

Same company that prepares documents for the Orient Express. Venice, of course!

Not sure about the Orient Express, I'll defer to your expertise, but the "mailing label" on the UPS Express envelope says it was actually mailed from Vignate, Italy which is more the Milan area than Venice. Obviously the printing could have been done just about anywhere.

I just want it to be Venice. I want everywhere to be Venice!

Will be there in a few weeks! :D I'm really looking forward to watching my wife's face as we sail in and then get out and about. As much as I'm looking forward to being in and seeing Venice again myself it'll be her first time and I get a kick out of her "wide-eyed" reaction. It's really a lot of my enjoyment of visiting old places for me but new ones for her. Priceless! :)

I found the new booklet very handy and practical on the cruise we just disembarked... Perhaps I'm the only one, but I have plenty of luggage tags already, and never liked the clunky big plastic doc holder, which was donated to Goodwill each time I received one and never packed. The many bits and pieces were overkill. I like having one concise package (which fit well in a small handbag) and really like the size (boarding passes and receipts from other portions of the trip fit right under the front/back cover flaps). The port writeups and pictures were also nice (even though I research a lot on my own).

I like the suggestion of adding tear-out emergency contact info (although we don't use as our contacts are not local, it was handy when they were... I now do screen grabs and email).... And a few blank pages for notes would be helpful as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 years later...
just got our paper tags- how do most of you attach to your luggage- with shipping tape? been awhile since I cruised?

Unless changed since last year the tags have an area on the backside with a peel off cover. All you need to do is feed the tag through your luggage handle, peel off the cover, and stick the now exposed sticky surfaces together. They're remarkably strong and we haven't lost one since Silversea went to their present tags. We don't put our tags on until we're leaving our hotel for the cruise terminal.

Unless changed since last year the tags have an area on the backside with a peel off cover. All you need to do is feed the tag through your luggage handle, peel off the cover, and stick the now exposed sticky surfaces together. They're remarkably strong and we haven't lost one since Silversea went to their present tags. We don't put our tags on until we're leaving our hotel for the cruise terminal.

thanks-now I see the peel off part- thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I'm trying to remember....do the documents come via regular post or does Silversea use one of the delivery services like FedEx or UPS? We're just a day or two short of one month out from our flight to Athens so I expect we'll see our documents in a week or so.

two days ago we received an email from UPS EXPRESS stating we had a priority AM packaging arriving the following day...from "ROROMAIL ITALIA SPA", well i could not figure out what it could be. i googled the name and all i got were pictures of the warehouse. so yesterday the package came!! it was our "slimmer" SILVER BOX...YEAH. directly from the printer? i guess so. in the past we have always received the box via our TA. either way its here, and we dont leave til 9/7 voyage 3726. we loved this voyage back in 2015 and decided to take it again.:hearteyes:

Edited by lilant

...either way its here, and we dont leave til 9/7 voyage 3726. we loved this voyage back in 2015 and decided to take it again.:hearteyes:

I'm on 3726 and I haven't seen mine yet. But I'm on 3725, 3727 and 3728, also. But I've seen my book on my.silversea.com, so I know it's out there someplace. Maybe not printed yet.

:confused: Who knows how it works.....we're on the Whisper, July 28,2017 voyage....and haven't received our packet....checked with TA...no response....not critical, I suppose, since we do have our e-ticket....

We've already received ours for our late August cruise on Whisper, so you'll definitely want to make enquiries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really!? Don't have ours yet, will have to follow up :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums