Silversea Creates Expedition Leadership Training Program

LauraS

Thanks Laura for sharing Erica's nice Silversea Expedition Training article. Appreciate an organization that has an intensive hands on training program for it's people.

You know what would be kinda nice training: rather than them sitting in the main dining room during lunch at their own table. To mix with guests and socialize, not just giving them their backs.

If they feel its their off time and they can sit with whoever they want, then they should find an employee lounge.

You know what would be kinda nice training: rather than them sitting in the main dining room during lunch at their own table. To mix with guests and socialize, not just giving them their backs.

If they feel its their off time and they can sit with whoever they want, then they should find an employee lounge.

Well we have been on the SIlver Explorer 9 times, and have not found this. We have had lunch and dinner with all the expedtion staff. They frequently sit with guests at meal times from our experiences. Yes, there is a table close to the buffet that they sit at, but it is usually when they want a quick meal as they are either up next to go out on expedition or need to prepare for a lecture. We have found all the expedtion staff the most obliging to talk/ask questions at any time.

Totally agree with Rojaan we had Lunch, Dinner, Coffee and drinks with the superb Expedition Staff all of whom were extremely approachable.

The only time I saw a table of staff together was early in the morning when they were discussing the daily programming.

Our Antarctic cruise was fabulous thanks to Kara,Claudia,Brad,Neal,Toby and Ray.

Again, both my wife and I must agree 100% with roojaan and we have been on all expedition ships ( except the Discoverer ) numerous times, even with roojaan and his wife twice

I cannot emphasize enough how much the expedition staff interact with the customers and how often they join customers for either lunch or dinner