car seat

constable145

I know this has been asked before, but you'll just have to deal with me asking again.

My daughter will be just shy of 3.5 when we sail on the Harmony of the Seas in August.

We have to fly.

My questions- do you bring a car seat? Do you buy a smaller, more compact car seat for the purposes of travelling?

If you don't bring one, what do you do with her while in transit?

We are stopping on St. Maarten where we are doing the semi sub excursion. They have a shuttle bus service. Our other stops are a beach day or San Juan where we are likely to stay on board.

How do you deal with transportation to and from the airport ?

Thanks

Yes, been asked many times. You can search and bring up all the threads. If you are traveling in a car, either hire a car service that provides a car seat, or bring your own. If your daughter was a little older, you could use a bubblebum http://www.bubblebum.co/us/.

You may want to purchase a cheaper, lighter weight seat for the trip.

Yes, been asked many times. You can search and bring up all the threads. If you are traveling in a car, either hire a car service that provides a car seat, or bring your own. If your daughter was a little older, you could use a bubblebum http://www.bubblebum.co/us/.

You may want to purchase a cheaper, lighter weight seat for the trip.

That's amazing! Thanks for sharing that, going to purchase that for my kids.

I know this has been asked before, but you'll just have to deal with me asking again.

My daughter will be just shy of 3.5 when we sail on the Harmony of the Seas in August.

We have to fly.

My questions- do you bring a car seat? Do you buy a smaller, more compact car seat for the purposes of travelling?

If you don't bring one, what do you do with her while in transit?

We are stopping on St. Maarten where we are doing the semi sub excursion. They have a shuttle bus service. Our other stops are a beach day or San Juan where we are likely to stay on board.

How do you deal with transportation to and from the airport ?

Thanks

We just faced that same situation....opted to use South Florida Shuttles http://www.southfloridashuttles.com

We do use a smaller, lighter weight seat when traveling. For our 3 year old we use an Evenflo Maestro. We also use it on the airplane. It is more comfy and much safer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We last sailed when my daughter was 2 years old. I worried about the car seat issue as well. I ended up deciding to skip the car seat and only bring a light weight umbrella stroller to use on the ship and while in port. The stroller was a life saver. However we skipped all excursions that required any car transportation since we did not have a car seat. Instead we walked around the ports or to local beaches. We flew into the port and had to take a shuttle from our hotel to the ship. The shuttle was a commercial van/shuttle and a car seat was not required. This time around my DD will be 5 years old and I am going to pack a booster seat for her to use on the plane and in any land base car services that we may take while on excursions. I really like the "bubblebum" seat" I also have one similar at home that does not fold up, yet is small and easy to carry.

We've never cruised with a car seat (DD has cruised at 2, 3, 4 & 6). The first 3 cruises we either stayed on board and enjoyed an empty ship or did things that did not require car transportation (water taxi in St Maarten, explored Old San Juan on foot in San Juan, shopped in port area in St Thomas).

We live in FL so we've driven to all of those cruises.

For land based vacations which required flights, we've travelled with a Bubblebum. Booster seats of any kind are not allowed to be used on airplanes, but we used it in rental cars and taxis. We love our Bubblebum!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

For the plane we purchased the CARES system. It's a 1.5 pound portable flying harness that takes the place of a car seat. On the big couch tours, no car seat is necessary. If you'd still like one, every tour I booked I asked if they have a car seat and many do!

For our cruise when DS was 3.5, we flew with the car seat, also used it on the plane, and stuck to excursions that didn't involve taxis. One had a tour bus and the others were on foot. Now we use a Bubblebum and love it.