Does HSB 'run out' of umbrellas?

Poohb

RC Anthem & Nor Dawn are in port at the same time, (~8000 passsengers). Does anyone know if Horseshoe Bay has ever not had enough umbrellas to deal with the crowds? TIA

I was there on days that Breakaway and Summit were there the same time. So those days more passengers than Anthem and Dawn. They did run out they on Thursday afternoon last year. I took pictures of the rental stand when leaving and they had an out of umbrellas sign. See below from last June. I left around 2:00 pm. They always had them when I arrived which is between 9:00 and 9:30 am. It appeared to me that when the later wave arrives, those who hang back and don't leave the Dockyard until 11:00 and the first wave has not left yet is when they might run out. Also if it is a windy day they won't rent the umbrellas. Our last day last June on Friday, it was too windy. We headed to the cove past the other end of the beach where there is some shade from the rocks.

527c99cc0ea3efcd81d1b0237b3f2ffd.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

So on windy days that are too windy for umbrellas we get the light weight chairs that we can carry ourselves and take them to the cove past the east end of the beach. There are some shaded areas there. It is a nice cove and does not get very crowded. I have even set up chairs there when it is not windy.

18e427e15dc9328d1638b00d8cac76a9.jpg

2d5ae7e657a6c764dd99e8690dcce0a5.jpg

f3523ff6cd6abbad2a7b73c21e80cb13.jpg

We were at HSB on 7-5-17 and the NCL Breakaway and CArnival Pride were both in port early (8:30 AM). We got to HSB at 10:00 AM and stayed till 5:15 PM and they did not run out of loungers or umbrellas on that day. We had a wonderful day at this beach and If you have any other questions, just ask and I'll try to help. :cool:

Thanks Charles. Shade is a must for us.

Have you considered bringing your own umbrella? Shade is a most for us too. We plan on going to Warwick Long Bay if Horseshoe is too crowded and 2 years ago we baked at St John's Trunk Bay. Since they don't rent chairs and umbrellas at Warwick, we bought an umbrella at CVS that folds and comes with a bag with 2 straps so you can take it around like a backpack.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Yes unless you really need the other amenities (lounges, food & drinks) I can't imagine going to HSB that day. Even on the "quieter" end. HSD's plan to bring an umbrella and enjoy a beautiful and much less crowded WLB is a great idea. But of course you need to be ok with lying in the sand and also bringing your own snacks and drinks. It's nice to have options though...

• 2 weeks later...

Just go to Horseshoe early and beat the crowds. Last week we didnt get there til close to eleven and it was very crowded. First time we ever went, we left the ship at 7:30 and took the #7 bus. Hardly anyone was there and you could really soak up the beauty,o take pics, and wander around before

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app