crowded horseshoe bay?

momjkm

How crowded is crowded? anyone have a picture? and the chairs--- some pics I see they are all lined up... can I move (really drag lol) them?

a Royal Gazette photo in Google; the further you walk from the concession stand and restrooms, the crows thins. walk with ocean on your right hand:

rglogo1.gif&LogoXPos=5&LogoYPos=5&maxw=630&maxh=350

I'm not saying it is like this every day.

SBtS

If you go to the cove area to the right, It's less crowded, with milder surf.

I wonder how crowded it will be now, due to the recent influx of Portuguese Men O' War? I do hope that they'll be gone soon.

The man o war are usually for one day and even then only a few hours of that one day. The assumption should not be made that there are man o war now because there were some July 3. Those are likely gone. When they come again it will be a separate arrival.

Don't be obsessed about the man o war. You won't know if they are there or not without going to the beach. And it is more likely they won't be than that they will be.

Edited by Charles4515

If you go to the cove area to the right, It's less crowded, with milder surf.

I wonder how crowded it will be now, due to the recent influx of Portuguese Men O' War? I do hope that they'll be gone soon.

We were on the Grandeur of the seas and at Horseshoe bay on the 26th of June the signs were out but only spotted two all day. And even with the Norweigan Dawn in port and the finals of the America's Cup it was not crowded.. You don'thave to sit with the crowd, when you rent chairs and an umbrella they will put them where you want to sit or lay...

HSB is the most crowded beach in that area for sure and it just depends on what you can enjoy. We can be happy with a towel on the beach and drinks, and WLB is our preference. But the amenities at HSB will draw the crowds of course...

We were at Horseshoe Bay on 7-5-17 and there were two ships in port. I did not think it felt too crowded at all. You could go to the left end of the beach and get away from most everone if you like.

The signs were out for the Portuguese Man of War. We saw one small one on the beach way to the left down the beach past the rocks. We were there from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Loved this beach and liked having facilities, food and drink. Wish I was there today. ENJOY! :cool:

You don'thave to sit with the crowd, when you rent chairs and an umbrella they will put them where you want to sit or lay...

Yes, it sounds like the OP is fine with just getting away from the main crowd and is not looking for less crowded alternatives. Of course everyone can do the same thing, but most tend to stay closer to the facilities regardless of how crowded it gets.

Those are both at Horseshoe Bay. The top one is the cove there that many call the baby beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is correct. [emoji106]Both photos were taken at Horseshoe Bay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it sounds like the OP is fine with just getting away from the main crowd and is not looking for less crowded alternatives. Of course everyone can do the same thing, but most tend to stay closer to the facilities regardless of how crowded it gets.

Horseshoe is the less crowded alternative if you walk away from the facilities. The other end can be practically empty. A lot seem to like to be with the crowd. I think there are different kinds of beach goers, those who are very social and like to be with a lot of other people and beach goers who are less social. I am of the less social inclination so I go to the uncrowded end and have had no problem finding space with no one else very close to my chair.

ad6c95213dbbe31eaaa40e75d9bca7d3.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

Yes, HSB not a less crowded "alternative", but HSB is less crowded at the east end of the bay as mentioned, and I believe the OP was looking for just that - still having facilities available but able to get out of the most dense section.

We very much enjoy socializing, but we look for alternatives like WLB and Elbow and it's nice meeting others looking for the same experience. When we want a busier vibe we head to Tobacco and HSB...

All gorgeous beaches and many choices...

Yes, HSB not a less crowded "alternative", but HSB is less crowded at the east end of the bay as mentioned, and I believe the OP was looking for just that - still having facilities available but able to get out of the most dense section.

We very much enjoy socializing, but we look for alternatives like WLB and Elbow and it's nice meeting others looking for the same experience. When we want a busier vibe we head to Tobacco and HSB...

All gorgeous beaches and many choices...

There are many beautiful beaches and I have been to most of them in Bermuda that can be publicly accessed. These days I end up at Horseshoe because I can't sit on a towel anymore like when I was a kid, a teen, a college student, and some years after that......unfortunately it aches now to lay on a towel. Also I need some shade to sit on a beach for a several hours. But I can walk so when I do a whole day at Horseshoe I usually take time to the walk to Warwick Long Bay and back. So the east end at Horseshoe which is not crowded makes a great base. Also when I go in the water at the east end we can easily keep an eye on our stuff which I feel safe leaving on a chair at that end.

Yes, the east end of HSB is ideal for a nice beach with access to the amenities. I can say that although we generally avoid HSB when ships are in port, we would go there when friends wanted to experience it, and the east end would work for us. We like to be sociable and meet others, but not feel like we're on a ship or resort...

So if you rent chairs and an umbrella, they will carry them to the adjacent beach that is a bit less crowded? Or at least we can carry them ourselves?

We don't need to be right on top of the facilities but like the idea of having some sort of access to them. And I am also one that has no desire to sit on a towel and my red-head hubby needs that umbrella!

So if you rent chairs and an umbrella, they will carry them to the adjacent beach that is a bit less crowded? Or at least we can carry them ourselves?

We don't need to be right on top of the facilities but like the idea of having some sort of access to them. And I am also one that has no desire to sit on a towel and my red-head hubby needs that umbrella!

Yes they will carry the chairs and umbrella to the far end of the beach, not an adjacent beach.. It cost us 90$ for 4 chairs and two umbrellas last month..

Yes they will carry the chairs and umbrella to the far end of the beach, not an adjacent beach.. It cost us 90$ for 4 chairs and two umbrellas last month..

Yes the same beach, just further from the facilities.

WOW! Unbelievable on the cost of the chairs/umbrellas!

Yes the same beach, just further from the facilities.

WOW! Unbelievable on the cost of the chairs/umbrellas!

Sounds like a lot when you add up the number of chairs and umbrellas they rented but each was $15. Considering that they set the chair out where you want it and stick the umbrella in the sand so that the umbrella is deep enough to stay put I think $15 is reasonable.

Sounds like a lot when you add up the number of chairs and umbrellas they rented but each was $15. Considering that they set the chair out where you want it and stick the umbrella in the sand so that the umbrella is deep enough to stay put I think $15 is reasonable.

Maybe in BDM...

Maybe in BDM...

It is all relative. The $90 is a lot cheaper for 4 than Coco Reef ($396) or Elbow Beach Resort ($276).

The $15 a chair is in the same range as Caribbean beaches and the new concessionaire has bought nice new lounge chairs. They are much better than what was available before.

cd2aaea0711780a5c363c7fe2a1d6d7b.jpg

Edited by Charles4515