Anyone recently been to Crystal Cave (or good memory)

Poohb

For those who have climbed the Crystal Cave stairs; the typical 'rise' of stairs in the US is 9-11". Is the step-up shorter than typical US stairs. I really want to go in with the grands but have to consider what my knees can take. Down wouldn't be an issue; UP on the other hand... I tried to email the Caves but their mailbox was full and not excepting anything. TIA

It seemed like normal stairs to me but wet so could be slippery. The slope was not super steep the whole way so it was not hard going back up. We only went in the Crystal Cave, not the other one. Not the clearest picture but we are going down the stairs.6d38d3a69b2ffe1e38e72e7b1b3c3095.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went in June...in my opinion the steps were regular maybe alittle steep but fine...80+. My knees bother me too,,,but did ok. The guide stops 3 or 4 times to give his talk...which helps! Enjoy..it was well worth it!

We only did the crystal cave, arrived to late to do the other one which has more stairs. I think the ramp at the beginning was harder then the stairs. I don't have pictures of the steps but here's the ramp, it's steeper then it looks. There was no rush getting back up the stairs, you can take your time and take breaks if needed.

fba83cf4606e76501131dc83f6e6f90d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums