Winners and Prizes of Community Contests

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Community Contests

Weekly Contest

Have fun with weekly contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:40 AM.
Louisiana
50 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
For those of us who are curious, especially after seeing that contests are not as they once were, please share which contest(s) you won and what prize(s). If you would like to include how and when you received your winner notification(s) and/or how you used your prize(s), that would be great, too! TIA!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Profile Says Everything
Long Island ,NY
2,857 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by KappaLady
For those of us who are curious, especially after seeing that contests are not as they once were, please share which contest(s) you won and what prize(s). If you would like to include how and when you received your winner notification(s) and/or how you used your prize(s), that would be great, too! TIA!
I won 3 CC bags and 1 CC hat .I take a bag on every cruise and wear my hat at least once a week.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lenny
Virginia
3,857 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
I've won a nice, sturdy luggage tag; small first aid kit (useful to pack in luggage for a cruise); and two tote bags (one smaller and one larger and rather heavy duty). This is from the weekly contest. Haven't won in a while though, so hoping for some good "juju" to come my way.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CARNIVAL LIBERTY - September 20 - 27, 2015 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); LIBERTY 2015 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573
CARNIVAL LIBERTY - April 5 - 12, 2014 (Western Caribbean: Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman...missed port, Miami); LIBERTY 2014 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039919
CARNIVAL VALOR - May 5 - 12, 2013 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); VALOR 2013 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645
CARNIVAL GLORY - May 9 - 16, 2010 (Eastern Caribbean: Miami, HMC Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Miami)
CARNIVAL MIRACLE - March 12 - 19, 2006 (Western Caribbean: Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya, Tampa)
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas - January 16 - 23, 2000 (Mexican Riviera: Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles)
CARNIVAL FESTIVALE - June 14 - 21, 1992 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Martinique, San Juan)

Louisiana
50 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Originally posted by lenquixote66
I won 3 CC bags and 1 CC hat .I take a bag on every cruise and wear my hat at least once a week.

That's pretty cool! Do you get questions about your hat since you wear it often?

~Profile Says Everything~
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Profile Says Everything
Louisiana
50 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Originally posted by pghsteelerfan
I've won a nice, sturdy luggage tag; small first aid kit (useful to pack in luggage for a cruise); and two tote bags (one smaller and one larger and rather heavy duty). This is from the weekly contest. Haven't won in a while though, so hoping for some good "juju" to come my way.

Do you use your prizes when you cruise or on any other trips?

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Profile Says Everything
Virginia
3,857 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by KappaLady
Do you use your prizes when you cruise or on any other trips?

Well, I haven't used them yet. The only reason is because we haven't cruised since September 2015 and I won them after that cruise. But yes, next time we cruise (whenever that may be), I will. I have a small box of stuff that goes on all cruises, so the little first aid kit is packed with that and so is the luggage tag. I needed a new luggage tag anyway since the one I have won't last much longer. The totes are also kept with my cruise stuff but I've actually used the larger one to carry stuff in (for parties, etc.). That will also make a nice "just in case" extra tote to pack along in case I go over the airlines' 50 pound suitcase limit, take out a few things and put them in the tote, then just carry that on and use as personal item. Last time we flew, those "overweight luggage" fees were $100.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CARNIVAL LIBERTY - September 20 - 27, 2015 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); LIBERTY 2015 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573
CARNIVAL LIBERTY - April 5 - 12, 2014 (Western Caribbean: Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman...missed port, Miami); LIBERTY 2014 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039919
CARNIVAL VALOR - May 5 - 12, 2013 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); VALOR 2013 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645
CARNIVAL GLORY - May 9 - 16, 2010 (Eastern Caribbean: Miami, HMC Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Miami)
CARNIVAL MIRACLE - March 12 - 19, 2006 (Western Caribbean: Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya, Tampa)
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas - January 16 - 23, 2000 (Mexican Riviera: Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles)
CARNIVAL FESTIVALE - June 14 - 21, 1992 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Martinique, San Juan)

1 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
I recommend flying SouthWest, two bags are free and you are able to bring a carry onto the plane also. My husband and I each had a bag and a smaller one for things we purchased. We packed exactly at 50 pounds and I had the basically empty little suitcase which you could have a larger one (you can move items into and use for items you purchase) and a carry on. I believe Southwest is great for travel. I have found them to be very helpful too. I hope you will travel again. I just returned from a cruise and did not want to return.

Have a great day.

Warmly,
lharrison