British Airways - Have you been impacted by recent strike action or delays?

Ember50

Hi all, I am flying BA in Aug from Gatwick to Genoa.

There is only one flight that morning and I am a little concerned about the ongoing strike and potential for delays.

I am told by the TA that I shouldn't worry as the flight was part of a package (from MSC) they would need to provide alternative arrangements if it fell through.

I don't know what that means - have any of you out there experienced a delayed BA flight from Gatwick recently whilst en route to a cruise? If so what happened?

I am told by the TA that I shouldn't worry as the flight was part of a package (from MSC) they would need to provide alternative arrangements if it fell through.

I don't know what that means

It means that MSC would be responsible for finding alternate arrangements to get you to Genoa for your cruise/tour. It might be mean they put you on the same airline a day or two later, or it might mean you end up traveling the same day but on a different airline. Or both- a day or two later AND on a different airline. It will all depend upon actual availability of seats on later flights and/or other airlines as well as the rules and restrictions that govern your specific ticket, but either way, MSC would make the arrangements and cover the cost. Obviously, it also means that because of all that, you might get into Genoa later than currently scheduled. And that might mean missing the start of your cruise or other tour package, in which case MSC would potentially re-route you to catch up with the cruise/tour at a subsequent city on a later date.