Muse dining change?

jollyjones

That will be good news. Given that our upcoming cruise on the Muse starts at the end of September and goes into October, I wonder whether we will see the change during our cruise.

Our Montreal to Fort Lauderdale will start on September 28 and end October 12, which set of rules will it be under?

Our Montreal to Fort Lauderdale will start on September 28 and end October 12, which set of rules will it be under?
Meow, take a look at your MySilversea page and under "Dining" it'll show you whether it's the new, or existing, policy. My hunch is that it is going to be the existing and they will make the change over in FLL before the voyage to Chile.

Meow, take a look at your MySilversea page and under "Dining" it'll show you whether it's the new, or existing, policy. My hunch is that it is going to be the existing and they will make the change over in FLL before the voyage to Chile.

You are right, thank you so much!

It now says "Open Seating" in green for Atlantide and Indochine, whereas before it said "Reserve" in red.

OK cheers.

It remains to be seen if this will be a good move if the 320 who could have eaten in either Indochine or Atlantide, now all scramble for Atlantide only.

Watch this space......

With the exception of pizza, I cant help thinking reservations are needed and may actually prove better in the long run once the next phase is under way. I do hope it works out well for you (and everyone else).

OK cheers.

It remains to be seen if this will be a good move if the 320 who could have eaten in either Indochine or Atlantide, now all scramble for Atlantide only.

Watch this space......

With the exception of pizza, I cant help thinking reservations are needed and may actually prove better in the long run once the next phase is under way. I do hope it works out well for you (and everyone else).

It does seem the only way this will work is if they offer the same menu, or the option to choose from either menu, in both. Indochine is a lovely space but I can't see it ever being as popular as Atlantide with the current menu which just doesn't appeal to everyone.

It does seem the only way this will work is if they offer the same menu, or the option to choose from either menu, in both. Indochine is a lovely space but I can't see it ever being as popular as Atlantide with the current menu which just doesn't appeal to everyone.

I agree.... If Atlantide food and Indochine food is served in both at the same time, it will solve a lot of the issues people have. Atlantide has the nicer decor of the two, but personally, either is fine to me. I know currently you can't crossover menus - but if thats to come, it can only be a good thing. I suspect timings will be a major consideration and why it may not be possible.

They also changed the dress code . 1 formal night for 8 - 9 2 formal 10 - 14 15 and more 3

Like I have said times are a changing :D

In the post on the other thread (copied below) it says no formal nights for 7 night cruises .... wasn't this previously 1 night formal?

Dear Travel Partner,

As a valued member of the Silversea family, we want you to be among the first to know about exciting enhancements aboard our newest flagship, Silver Muse. We’ve heard you and your guests’ feedback and are making improvements to our dining experience beginning on October 13, 2017.

In the upcoming days, we will share with your guests the news that we’ve added open seating options, improved the menu offerings and aligned the dress code similarly to the rest of our outstanding fleet. Single travelers, as always, will be welcome to experience these new dining arrangements together across all venues.

Fine dining is a high priority at Silversea and we take immense pride in the quality of our culinary program. We aim to deliver a gastronomic experience that is Simply Divine™, and aboard Silver Muse , we are delighted to implement the following enhancements to further their experience aboard:

• Increased seating capacity at Atlantide
  • Open-seating policy in effect for Atlantide, Indochine and Spaccanapoli
  • Therefore, no pre-booking reservation options needed for Atlantide, Indochine and Spaccanapoli
  • A broad variety of mildly spiced Asian dishes at Indochine
  • Discover a more intimate ambiance at Dolce Vita

Furthermore, we’ve aligned our dress code to the guidelines of the classic fleet:

• 7 Day Cruise or Less
    • No Formal Night

[*]8-9 Day Cruise

• 1 Formal Night

[*]10-14 Day Cruise

• 2 Formal Nights

[*]15 Day Cruise or More

• 3 Formal Nights

We would like to take this opportunity to also advise you on a promotion we dedicate to all guests who sailed aboard Silver Muse in her first 6 months. In order to thank you for your faith and loyalty to Silversea and Silver Muse, we are delighted to offer you $500USD shipboard credit on selected Silver Musevoyages*. As you know, this credit can be used for excursions, in the boutique, in the spa and generally around the ship, so have your clients treat themselves, it’s on us.

We thank you for your feedback which is valuable to us. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests soon onboard the elegant Silversea fleet.

Sincerely,

MarkConroy_Signature.jpg

Mark Conroy

Managing director

In the post on the other thread (copied below) it says no formal nights for 7 night cruises .... wasn't this previously 1 night formal?

Yes. The seven day cruise we were on had one formal night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They were indeed. We travelled on the Muse in May and met a single traveller lady who was doing 3 back to backs. She complained bitterly as she had had to dine many times on her own unlike her other SS cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They were indeed. We travelled on the Muse in May and met a single traveller lady who was doing 3 back to backs. She complained bitterly as she had had to dine many times on her own unlike her other SS cruises.

A lady Solo on mine complained her reservation in Atlantide wasn't being honoured because she wasn't allowed to dine alone! It was the only real negative of my cruise to hear that. Seems they were making it up as they went along.

Echo the sentiments it's good they've woken up to the solo oversight, though it's a pretty poor show they couldn't use a bit of common sense and not treat Solos like 3rd class passengers at times.

Silversea wrote, and one CCer asked what the following mean: "Single travelers, as always, will be welcome to experience these new dining arrangements together across all venues."

I do not know that the question has been answered -- an important question for solos.

In particular, what does "together" mean? I can think of two possibilities:

1) Solos may ask to be seated with other solos if they like.

2) Solos cannot take up an entire table for themselves but must instead be sent to a table of solos they are trying to fill.

#1 would be fine by me. #2 would be unacceptable.

The "together" qualification is what puzzles me.

In particular, what does "together" mean? I can think of two possibilities:

1) Solos may ask to be seated with other solos if they like.

2) Solos cannot take up an entire table for themselves but must instead be sent to a table of solos they are trying to fill.

The "together" qualification is what puzzles me.

I agree with you Observer. Any solo traveler whom SS has accepted payment from should be allowed to dine by themselves if they choose to do so. While I haven't been on the Muse yet, the other ships have always had tables for 2, so I don't understand what the big deal would be if someone wanted to dine alone at that type of table. To force a solo traveler to dine with others, if they don't want to, seems absurd.

If the reassurance was meant to reassure I guess it has failed miserably.

I must admit I had gained the very clear impression (from amongst other commments from Les's original posts when his muse cruise was over ....) that he encountered no dining issues and specifically no evidence of dishonoured bookings. It now transpires that he observed a solo's solo booking wasn't honoured. One can understand her being mad, as she wouldn't have booked for more than one if she was travelling alone.

One hopes for solos that this seemingly careful choice of word the word "together" doesn't mean that they aren't rolling out across fleet what Sophia observed on hers and that is a group of solos being coraled and taken from venue to venue seeking out tables for them to forcibly sit together.

On the voyages where the gentlemen hosts organise the solo meets l have seen larger tables prepared in the restaurant so there's very rarely a problem or indeed no feeling of awkwardness for the said solos.

The Muse was totally different and the international Hostesses hosted....which is where l heard the statement once cocktails were over....." Now the task is where we can get them in for dinner"

Bearing in mind the dress code policy at that time it can't have been easy according to how the guests were dressed that evening.....the invitations that one receive do not indicate the dress code...which is fine on the rest of the fleet shipwide.

As far as wishing to dine alone ....l would have blown a gasket had l been refused to do so which many of us do for various personal reasons....and l refuse to be herded into a dining situation that takes me out of my comfort zone which is why l never attend a solo meet.

S😊

A lady Solo on mine complained her reservation in Atlantide wasn't being honoured because she wasn't allowed to dine alone! It was the only real negative of my cruise to hear that. Seems they were making it up as they went along.

Echo the sentiments it's good they've woken up to the solo oversight, though it's a pretty poor show they couldn't use a bit of common sense and not treat Solos like 3rd class passengers at times.

They'll only treat the solo guests as "3rd Class' passengers if they can get away with it....and be intimidating which they obviously were on the occasion you refer to......l have never ever felt out of place on any SS ship until my voyage on the Muse when it was one thing after another and at times with serious attitude....as I've stated before.

Totally unacceptable.

I think you were really lucky Les that it all went well for you....but l feel you were in the minority......😊

If the reassurance was meant to reassure I guess it has failed miserably.

I must admit I had gained the very clear impression (from amongst other commments from Les's original posts when his muse cruise was over ....) that he encountered no dining issues and specifically no evidence of dishonoured bookings. It now transpires that he observed a solo's solo booking wasn't honoured. One can understand her being mad, as she wouldn't have booked for more than one if she was travelling alone.

And that observation was faithfully posted and mentioned several times I can assure you and similarly I can assure you they didn't claim her booking was lost. No back peddling whatsover, sorry. And for the record, she didnt book Solo - her lady companion was unable to travel through illness. Which on reflection may actually have been instrumental with the problem here - she booked a table for two but only one showed. Obviously considering 2 pax fares were fully paid, it makes this even more ridiculous! And yes, this WAS the only issue I saw or heard about when I sailed.

MissSophia, the lady in question wasnt the type who'd be intimidated (she wasn't someone I'd want to upset!) - I would imagine she would have kicked up a real stink at the time. I didnt want to push and challenge her what the Maitre D had said, but reported like she'd stated - I did wonder later if she was just asked to wait a mo for a table. I took it at face value when posted but it was only later it did make me wonder if she had told the whole event. The problem of course is at times, when people dont like things that happen, they make a drama out of a crisis, ad lib and add a few extras for good measure. (and no, I am NOT referring to what happened to you in case you think that - just a general feeling on reading some of the reviews.)

You've just posted if what was reported by this Solo had happened to you, you'd have blown a gasket. I would have too had it been me particularly as stated, SS had actually been paid for 2 pax! (That part would make no difference to my personal anger - just clarifying it makes it in some ways even worse or more inexcusable!)

I must admit I had gained the very clear impression (from amongst other commments from Les's original posts when his muse cruise was over ....) that he encountered no dining issues and specifically no evidence of dishonoured bookings. It now transpires that he observed a solo's solo booking wasn't honoured.

There you go.

One of several times mentioned.... and for good measure spells out how she became a solo!

"He" tells things as they are and truthfully and without an agenda.

There you go.

One of several times mentioned.... and for good measure spells out how she became a solo!

"He" tells things as they are and truthfully and without an agenda.

I do recall you posting that you saw no evidence of dishonoured bookings Les because it started and exchange with Sophia about bribing the MDs. I think you said when another person said that they had the same problem that itt was "wierd" because her experience was different to yours. Perhaps I just imagined it. ;p

Was this the lady who you said on a different post that you doubted what she had said was truthful or was that a different female?