Royal Palms

rflan22

Looking for an easy beach day, there is 11 of us in our group. Was hoping to just hit a beach close by, because we also want to shop a little bit and we are only in port from 7 - 3.

I was originally thinking just doing Calico Jacks as its free and it has a bar (which we definitely want).

However, ive seen a lot of reviews recently of people going to Royal Palms. That appears to be much closer to port, and im really not too concerned about the $2 entry fee. We simply just want a nice beach with a bar near by.

Is Royal Palms the best place for us? As its close by, has a bar, and im hoping that the entry fee makes it a little less crowded than a free place. Would love to see what other people think! If anyone has price details on the bar, that would also be fantastic!

Thanks Friends!

Part of what bookbabe is hinting at is that Royal Palms has an adults only pool. That might seem a bit of a bummer if kids see it but are not allowed to use it. And Seven Mile Beach Public Beach next to Calico Jacks has some playground equipment little kids might really enjoy. So setups are a little different as far as kids goes.

Calico Jacks is next door to the Seven Mile Beach Public Beach which has much more ocean frontage than Royal Palms. So even if there are more people at Public Beach it may seem less crowded. But SMB Public Beach is a bit further down the road. Nothing huge but maybe 5 more minutes from the port, accounting for traffic.

Royal Palms will be a little crowded in spite of the very minimal entry fee. There is a bar and plenty of wait staff. You might consider reserving a cabana. We were there a few weeks ago and there are now really nice cabanas poolside. It's been a couple of years so those may have been there for a bit but we had never seen them. I want to say they were $75 versus something like $100 for a beach cabana. There is a pretty good d.j. that sets up at the pool. Swim up bar. And the beach and that amazing water are just steps away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I read the reviews over on Trip Advisor and it seems that chairs are $12 pp and $15 for an umbrella. Reading through reviews, prices are all over the place. [emoji44]

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147365-d4586498-Reviews-Royal_Palms_Beach_Club-Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html?m=19904

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I was wondering if there was a secluded beach near Royal Palms where I could pop the question to my girl? We plan on going to Royal Palms in a month and there will be about 7,000 people between the two ships in port that day. Should I do it at another beach then come back to Royal Palms? Do you think there will still be chairs left? Any help that anyone could provide would be awesome. I have been trying to research for the past few months but I still cannot decide. And no worries, she never looks at these sites and will have no clue :)

Hello all, I was wondering if there was a secluded beach near Royal Palms where I could pop the question to my girl? We plan on going to Royal Palms in a month and there will be about 7,000 people between the two ships in port that day. Should I do it at another beach then come back to Royal Palms? Do you think there will still be chairs left? Any help that anyone could provide would be awesome. I have been trying to research for the past few months but I still cannot decide. And no worries, she never looks at these sites and will have no clue :)

Royal Palms is right in the heart of the tourist section. Not very secluded. And really nothing truly secluded within walking distance. If you're set on going to RP rather than one of the other beaches, what about enlisting the staff there to help? There's an upstairs restaurant that's normally closed during the daytime, and it's got a great view.

Bookbabe, I knew you'd come to the rescue as you seem to be the Cayman expert. I know that she really wants a beach proposal, so I feel that I need to do it in the sand. We are certainly open to going to other beaches, just not too terribly far away. I have looked at SMB, Governor's, and maybe Rum Pointe. I was just wondering how crowded these would be and how far out they are. My parents are going with us and my dad is a real stickler for getting back to boat on time (way early). I am open to any suggestions you may have, but yea we all thought RP sounded like the best place (minus the proposal). Thanks for all your help. Would it be possible to get out to Governor's or SMB really fast and back to RP?

Why go to Royal Palms then? Public Beach is walkable IMO from Governors Beach. Tiki Beach has lots of secluded beach just past it. Royal Palms is the least secluded of the various beach spots along Seven Mile Beach.

Rum Point is a 45 min drive outside of town, but there are many more secluded spots along the way and/or within walking distance. You'd need a rental car, since the buses aren't too reliable that far out.

(For the record, I don't know if I'm an expert. I do spend a total of about six or eight weeks a year in Cayman, but I still learn new things each trip. Thanks, though.)

I guess you could pretend you just want to go for a walk along the beach, and head away Royal Palms and the port area, and just keeping walking until you get to a spot that inspires you. That might work if you have plenty of time and are willing to walk for a mile or two there and back.

I appreciate the help! I might just do that. I think that no matter where I do it, she will love it. Hopefully we can be some of the first off the boat and I can do it early. Thanks for all your help. I think what I will do is go to RP and have my parents save our chairs while her and I go for a long walk. I just hope the weather cooperates. Otherwise, I will have to do it in Jamaica or Cozumel. Neither of these would be bad, but I just really had my mind set on Cayman. I'll let you know how it goes next month!

I appreciate the help! I might just do that. I think that no matter where I do it, she will love it. Hopefully we can be some of the first off the boat and I can do it early. Thanks for all your help. I think what I will do is go to RP and have my parents save our chairs while her and I go for a long walk. I just hope the weather cooperates. Otherwise, I will have to do it in Jamaica or Cozumel. Neither of these would be bad, but I just really had my mind set on Cayman. I'll let you know how it goes next month!

Cruisebro0509 ... if for some reason you choose not to propose at this location and want to consider Cozumel, I have a recommendation for a great location. I've been to Cozumel 6 times in the past 8 years and we really enjoy Nochi Cochum private beach. You can book it yourself thru their website. Basically $100 and the beach, restaurant, ameneties, etc. are very nice and it is quite private. If you'd like more info, let me know. Thanks, Brian.

Hello Woodcycl, I certainly appreciate the advice, but I think I want to do it on Cayman. Her family has gone there a couple times before and she loves it. I will keep Nochi Cochum in mind if the weather looks like it will be bad for the Cayman day, but I fear it will be too late to purchase the excursion at that time. I have been to Cozumel 3 times and have never tried the Nochi Cochum. We usually just go to Sanchos. I think the plan for now is to go to RP and get chairs. My mom (photographer), her, and I will head down the beach to "look for another beach bar." When we stumble upon an empty beach, that is where I will do it and we will return to RP. Thanks for all your help everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Woodcycl, I certainly appreciate the advice, but I think I want to do it on Cayman. Her family has gone there a couple times before and she loves it. I will keep Nochi Cochum in mind if the weather looks like it will be bad for the Cayman day, but I fear it will be too late to purchase the excursion at that time. I have been to Cozumel 3 times and have never tried the Nochi Cochum. We usually just go to Sanchos. I think the plan for now is to go to RP and get chairs. My mom (photographer), her, and I will head down the beach to "look for another beach bar." When we stumble upon an empty beach, that is where I will do it and we will return to RP. Thanks for all your help everyone.

You can reserve a cabana at Royal Palms thru their website. You pick pool or beach. It includes lounge chairs, tables, and chairs. You'd be set for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...