When do you make reservations?

bmiller297

I have found that by the time you board the ship, all the best specialty dining times are taken so we always book in advance now. We also book tours as soon as they become available as the most popular ones sell out before the cruise even starts.

We always book PG in advance for every night. Promos like Explore 4 include PG dinner. These comp dinners are assigned on board around all of the pre booked dinners. People have told us they weren't able to get in when trying to book on board.

I remember on one cruise we were told that they had 900 promo dinners to fulfill.

As soon as they open up (appear on HAL's site), we book specialty restaurants and excursions. We don't want to be disappointed.

I have found that by the time you board the ship, all the best specialty dining times are taken so we always book in advance now. We also book tours as soon as they become available as the most popular ones sell out before the cruise even starts.

Ditto. Although the date has varied a little, it is generally right after final payment date.

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

How long before a cruise does this normally happen?
It varies. On the Koningsdam we made Tamarind reservations a year out, and Sel de Mer and Canaletto reservations seven months out. Some excursions may start to appear a year out while others don't show up until the last 3 months or so.