Special Nights in Pinnacle Grill

djhsolara

We're doing a 5-night Pacific Coastal on NA that is part of a longer sailing. Is there any way to find out if any of the special dining offerings will occur while we're onboard (Sel de Mer, etc)?

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently was looking at reservation options at the Pinnacle Grill for our upcoming cruise. For special-night dinners the reservation options showed the dates. These were for Le Cirque and the other special dinner which I can't spell, Libj...? The ship we'll be on only has Canaletto and PG but it seems the selection will include all the options on your ship. m--

If you log in to your account, you should see the special nights listed for reservation. Conversely, you won't see regular Pinnacle reservations available on special nights.

I recently was looking at reservation options at the Pinnacle Grill for our upcoming cruise. For special-night dinners the reservation options showed the dates. These were for Le Cirque and the other special dinner which I can't spell, Libj...? The ship we'll be on only has Canaletto and PG but it seems the selection will include all the options on your ship. m--

"Librije" pronounced "Lee-bry-eh"- it is old Dutch for church or monastery library. It is also a fine dining restaurant located in the former library of a 15th-century Dominican abbey, hence the name "De Librije,"in the city of Zwolle, the Netherlands. The chef de cuisine of the restaurant is Culinary Council member and Michelin Three Star Chef Jonnie Boer. In 2012 "Taste of De Librije" debuted as a new alternative dining option aboard the Pinnacle Grill of ms Rotterdam

Edited by Copper10-8

"Librije" - it is old Dutch for church or monastery library. It is also a fine dining restaurant located in the former library of a 15th-century Dominican abbey, hence the name "De Librije,"in the city of Zwolle, the Netherlands. The chef de cuisine of the restaurant is Culinary Council member and Michelin Three Star Chef Jonnie Boer. In 2012 "Taste of De Librije" debuted as a new alternative dining option aboard the Pinnacle Grill of ms Rotterdam

Thanks for the great explanation John! Now I get the connection with the word that sounds more like "library" and it all makes sense. Doesn't mean I'll remember how to spell it... :) but I'm sure it tastes good! m--

I just checked per everyone's advice and it looks like no special nights in Pinnacle.

They do have the Distinctive Dining package for $65 that gives one night each in Canaletto, Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind (savings of $10). Since this package is already discounted, would we get our Mariner discount on top of that?

I just checked per everyone's advice and it looks like no special nights in Pinnacle.

They do have the Distinctive Dining package for $65 that gives one night each in Canaletto, Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind (savings of $10). Since this package is already discounted, would we get our Mariner discount on top of that?

no Mariner discount on dining packages. Straight bookings only.

And, since you have to wait until you board if you choose the package, my preference is to book on line when they are available for the time and day of MY choosing (not the availability that is left) and just have a bit of OBC when I get on the ship ;)

I'm not surprised you saw no "special" dining on the cruise. We've been on 2 cruises with that type of segment and never saw them offered. and, we did have a couple of PG's booked on that segment arranged well in advance. I don't know if anyone else is equally like minded but if they are, your choices will be very limited with that package ;)