Seattle free luggage program

Augie's mom

I have read oit is j up and running without glitches ,my question is do you have to disembark early to use the program? I want to send the luggage off,but not leave the ship till the latest disembark time. I called Holland , but they knew very little of the program. Any info would help.

Thanks

Terri

No you do not need to disembark early to se it

Thanks for the info,we have a 1:30 flight. Not enough time to do more sightseeing , but late enough to have relaxing breakfast on board,and leave ship in latest group,and still use this service.

Have a good rest of your summer

Terri

They will kick you off by 9:45 or so. Port Valet means when you put the luggage int he hallway the night before it will have the airport style bar coded luggage tag on it with a letter code corresponding to your flight time and the time they presumably assign for your to leave at. They bag will go it the right time slot but you don't have to. A couple weeks ago Lido Marketplace was a madhouse though with people getting one last breakfast onboard. Not very relaxing but later in their operating hours maybe it had cleared out. A lot of people were waiting there for their color/number to be called making it harder to find tables than most days. We were in the last group since we had no flight issues (drove home) and when we returned to cabin it was partially made up already for next occupants.

• 3 weeks later...
No you do not need to disembark early to se it

You can not use that service if you want to stay late. You must leave at 7:30am ... we chose not to use it, even though it was free as we didn't want to leave until after 9.

harry

:confused:I am confused....

:confused:I am confused....

That makes sense with conflicting answers.

I have always been told that the self-disembark group had to leave first, before the passengers with tag numbers and colors.

As a matter of fact, the disembarkation letter I had for my cruise that ended last Saturday made the same statement: self-disembark passengers were to disembark before the rest of the passengers.

My husband and I used the Port Seattle program last Monday 7-17 on the Amsterdam. I can clarify for all of you that the program requires that you must exit the ship between 7:30 - 7:45 AM. It has to do with Customs according to the paper work.

Fortunately, this was the perfect time for us as we had an early flight.

Ruth is correct in that self-disembark passengers were first off the ship with Port Seattle passengers next.

I wish Ft. Lauderdale and the other "Luggage Direct" ports were offered by the Port for free! We love the service and will depart early regardless of our flight times in order to take advantage of this excellent product. There's always something we can do to stay busy at the port of disembarkation.

My husband and I used the Port Seattle program last Monday 7-17 on the Amsterdam. I can clarify for all of you that the program requires that you must exit the ship between 7:30 - 7:45 AM. It has to do with Customs according to the paper work.

Fortunately, this was the perfect time for us as we had an early flight.

Ruth is correct in that self-disembark passengers were first off the ship with Port Seattle passengers next.

Thank you for the clarification about the luggage program. Now to decide if we would really want to disembark that early.....:loudcry:

Not trying to be argumentative - I truly don't get it. What possible difference should it make what time you disembark, since your luggage is already on its way to the airport, regardless... ? And ... what happens if you "agree" to disembark at 7:30, but you actually disembark at 9:00? How and why would this be a problem? Again, not trying to be a rule-breaker or to argue, I'm just trying to understand.

They ask you to disembark at a specific time as your bags go thru customs on a large cart with the other "luggage direct" or "free port transfer" bags. They need all these individuals going thru customs at the same time period in case you're picked for further customs bag inspection. This happened to us in Port Everglades once when using luggage direct.

Not trying to be argumentative - I truly don't get it. What possible difference should it make what time you disembark, since your luggage is already on its way to the airport, regardless... ? And ... what happens if you "agree" to disembark at 7:30, but you actually disembark at 9:00? How and why would this be a problem? Again, not trying to be a rule-breaker or to argue, I'm just trying to understand.

When your bags go through customs, if your bags are randomly picked to be inspected, you must be there too.

I wish Ft. Lauderdale and the other "Luggage Direct" ports were offered by the Port for free! We love the service and will depart early regardless of our flight times in order to take advantage of this excellent product. There's always something we can do to stay busy at the port of disembarkation.

Geez, don;t say this too loud or HAL (and the other cruise lines will listen) You will likely find your cruise fare increased by at least $100 per person...so they can offer this "free" luggage service :(. It's kind of like paying $60 a day for free drinks :).

Hank

Geez, don;t say this too loud or HAL (and the other cruise lines will listen) You will likely find your cruise fare increased by at least $100 per person...so they can offer this "free" luggage service :(. It's kind of like paying $60 a day for free drinks :).

Hank

I'm not asking the cruise lines to pay for luggage service. I stated that I wished other ports would offer this service. It is a Hugh benefit to those passengers using "their" port. Probably a rounding number on "their" balance sheet. Perhaps with more port competition (cruises) in FLA it could happen. Again it's a wish.;)