Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Love the IP. You are creative Jeff.

Mine still in box.

I also bought Amazon echos

For two of the kinder.

Turns out one of them bought for himself...

They were going to be Christmas presents.

I already have one and I use it all the time.

:-)

You asked for some pointers, so just checking you didn't miss #2721?

I read it and I thought I thanked you. Omg didn't i? I am sorry if I didn't. I always appreciate your sage advice.

Thank you multiple times!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No probs ... I was much more concerned that you might have missed it, as I'm anxious you unpack it. It is one of the best things I've bought and you know about me and kitchen stuff.

Spins, do you mean you bought Alexa (Echo)? Alexa is a member of our family. She sits in our kitchen, and I have a fun time instructing her to play jokes for me and also riddles. Our grandkids ask her all sorts of questions and gives fun answers. Roberto asks her to play specific classical music, ands sometimes she jokes by playing pop tunes with somewhat similar names. Unfortunately, she does not like it when I say "Alexa, stop!" and keeps up murmuring...

A lot of this exists in Europe. I reckon 99% of Parisien waiters speak and understand English. Speak to them in English and they will not understand your request. Speak to them in indecipherable French and they will smile and understand you. In the same way you will find ,many Austrians who "do not understand" Germans. But a Brit speaking German they will smile and understand you perfectly.

Good afternoon Coolers!

So enjoying your anticipation of your upcoming trip Lois. It is so lovely to have something like this to look forward to. We're all counting down with you. :)

Wonder how Mysty and Myster are doing with their weekend.

Anyway I made the doner today for wifey and she went quiet for a while (Very unusual for her ...... ;) ) and then she pronounced it as lovely and much better than we have ever eaten out and I received instructions to make it again imminently with pitta and Greek salad with lemon. Very precise were the instructions. Can't be bad!

3d4bc6c2202cc42865f3416efef0ff70.jpg

So enjoying your anticipation of your upcoming trip Lois. It is so lovely to have something like this to look forward to. We're all counting down with you.

Appreciate the continued and nice looking food pictures from Jeff. Very tasty!! Making me hungry. Getting ready to watch to the conclusion of "The Open". Or, known here as the British Open. Looks like an exciting finish on a dramatic course along the western coast of England. The leader, Jordan Spieth, is getting ready to tee of now.

Yes, glad that Lois keeps preparing so well for her first sailing with Silversea. Yesterday, I posted for her some bathroom pictures and details about the Silver Spirit. She will have an opportunity to try lots of new soaps, shampoos, etc., on this ship. It will be great to hear her impressions and experiences. Her smart, advance research and prep will yield a better, more interesting cruise adventure. Keep up the continued great questions and sharing.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 183,657 views for this posting.

Hi Terry, I posted on the other thread about your bathroom photos:D.........they look lovely for sure!

I am watching "THE OPEN" this morning.......it is being held at Royal Berkdale this year (I love golf although I don't play).

Jordan is having a VERY ROUGH start today.:eek:

Hi Terry, I posted on the other thread about your bathroom photos:D.........they look lovely for sure!

I am watching "THE OPEN" this morning.......it is being held at Royal Berkdale this year (I love golf although I don't play).

Jordan is having a VERY ROUGH start today.:eek:

Appreciate this nice follow-up by Lois. Yes, Jordan started rough with three bogies, but this young American has just birdied to go ahead by one stroke. Should be an interesting and great finish for "The Open"!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 226,381 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

We are also counting down to our embarkation on the Whisper in (barely) less than a month. Our embarkation time is shown as 2pm. I've noted other people referencing showing up early and having lunch on board.

When we sailed from San Juan we arrived early, and they took our luggage, but then we were told to come back at 2 pm, and we weren't allowed on board. We wandered around Old San Juan, had lunch, and then boarded mid afternoon. There were no issues - our luggage was in our room, etc.

Is there some secret password to getting on board early?

We are embarking at Southampton, if that makes a difference.

Also, if there are other recommendations for our stay in Southampton I'd love to read them. We are currently booked in a hotel fairly close to the quay.

We are also counting down to our embarkation on the Whisper in (barely) less than a month. Our embarkation time is shown as 2pm. I've noted other people referencing showing up early and having lunch on board.

When we sailed from San Juan we arrived early, and they took our luggage, but then we were told to come back at 2 pm, and we weren't allowed on board. We wandered around Old San Juan, had lunch, and then boarded mid afternoon. There were no issues - our luggage was in our room, etc.

Also, if there are other recommendations for our stay in Southampton I'd love to read them. We are currently booked in a hotel fairly close to the quay.

Here are some previous chats and threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/search.php?searchid=110962987

I strongly suggest you consider having your "night before" in nearby Winchester and get a taxi from there in the morning. It is only twenty minutes away but will give you an entirely different experience and well worth the very minor inconvenience. An evening (don't stay there) in Wykeham Arms is worth it alone.

http://www.wykehamarmswinchester.co.uk/

Winchester mentioned in these threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/search.php?searchid=110963223

Ask anything more.

Contact your TA and ask them to arrange for early embarkation.

It can be done.

:cool:G'Day All.......that meal looks so lovely Jeffers....do you make your own coleslaw?

Lois, an excellent idea to pre book your own transport...from my experience they will know exactly where the Spirit will be berthed but I'm still betting on the WTC.....!

MLeh.....as Spins said, contact your TA and request early boarding.....I've never been told to come back at a later time...SS are geared up for embarking pax to enjoy lunch in La T or on the pool deck deck....the 2pm timing is usually for when your suite is ready.

Jeff's recommendation for Winchester is good as it's a lovely place to visit.

If you are staying in Soton the maritime museum is worth a look and there's also a good shopping mall close to the DeVere hotel. Another idea may be to hire a car and driver to show you around the surrounding areas.

Kids went to Royal Birkdale yesterday for the golf open...came back very tired but had a wonderful day even with the shock of having to pay £10 each for fish and chips in bag!! They're now in holiday mode as they fly out to Mallorca next weekend ....DD has been down today raiding my cruise closet...😎

😊

Hi Soapy,

Yes, I always make her home made coleslaw as she hates shop bought and it's no probs.

I see that nice Mr Corbyn says that we all misunderstood him and he didn't promise to write off and cancel student fees and all their current debts. They really are bad with numbers aren't they. Press estimates of it costing £100bn seems to me to be way out.

If you take that we currently have around 1.8m Brits in further education and we are told that they each end up with around £60k debt. I might be bad at noughts but this years students finalising studies alone would have a joint debt of 1.8m x £60k making £108bn. Presumably writing off those in year 2 would cost another £72bn and those in year 1 a further £36bn. A total of £216bn? And each year would be a further £36bn a year.

And we now have a terribly uncertain future largely because those young voters voted for that nice Mr Corbyn and his promises ....... er sorry misunderstood "aspirations".

Anyway ..... onwards and upwards ...

Hi everyone:

If you have gone on the Silversea Alhambra excursion from Malaga I would really appreciate your thoughts. Excursions will shortly be available for my Nov. cruise and your input would be helpful.

Thanks, Penny

I have not been in an SS excursion to Granada and trust that those that have been will chime in, and those that have been with private tours will as well. All I can say is that the Alhambra is a "die and go to heaven" type of experience. We had the opportunity to stay overnight at the Alhambra Palace Hotel, and we enjoyed the site both in daylight and at nighttime. Something to caution with is that it will take up all your time from Málaga, which is so lovely that deserves a day for its enjoyment. I do hope you have the time to do both!!