Taxi service from airport to RCCL pier.

AJDL

When you are preparing for your cruise you hear horror stories from other people. We've heard tales of taxi drivers ripping off tourists. Is there a reputable taxi line that will take us from the airport to the boat pier? Or are most drivers trustworthy?

When you are preparing for your cruise you hear horror stories from other people. We've heard tales of taxi drivers ripping off tourists. Is there a reputable taxi line that will take us from the airport to the boat pier? Or are most drivers trustworthy?

Not much worry. The taxi fare is a flat fixed rate from the San Juan Airport to the piers. Plus $1 per bag. The taxi line has a dispatcher who will assign you a taxi and that dispatcher writes down the fare on a slip of paper. The fare is per trip, not per person. That is about all you have to watch out for. Taxi drivers who try to get you to pay per person. It works the same way in reverse.

Edited by Charles4515

As stated above, the taxi dispatcher at the airport will actually hand you a sheet with the rate on it. Fixed rate by destination plus 1.00/bag. We've been taking taxi's between airport/hotel/pier/Old San Juan for years and have never had any issues. No taxi "horror stories" for us in OSJ after 8-9 trips there. In fact most of the drivers over the years have been friendly compared some cities :)

Rough cost from the airport to the RCCL pier?

Should be $19 plus $1 per bag. I think there is another $3 in charges. A $1 airport fee and $2 gas surcharge or something like that. It seems like we paid $26 last time total. Not including the tip.

Something else to consider and look into is Uber. I have friend who has a condo in San Juan and he says Uber has been available a few months.

Edited by Charles4515

Should be $19 plus $1 per bag. I think there is another $3 in charges. A $1 airport fee and $2 gas surcharge or something like that. It seems like we paid $26 last time total. Not including the tip.

Something else to consider and look into is Uber. I have friend who has a condo in San Juan and he says Uber has been available a few months.

Uber can pick up at at SJU ...I don't think so :confused:

Thanks. So the first step is to find the taxi dispatcher. Thanks again

Just outside the door from where you pick up your luggage...easy signage to follow....then get in line...tell the head dispatcher where you're going ...they will give you a slip of paper with the fees noted and the total price...very honest and regulated.