Private Tour Help

MsMolly

I have read the great reviews about the driver named Jose Paulino who has taken some of you on tours . I have emailed him about our upcoming trip and he did not get back to me. (I have checked my junk folder) Just wondering if anyone has used him recently and how long it took him to get back to you.

If I can not get in touch with him, does anyone have any other recommendations? There are 6 of us in our group. Or perhaps we would be best to do a ship excursion? We have never been to Puerto Plata and are looking for more of a city tour and not anything to adventurous!

Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give!

• 3 weeks later...

Check with Isaira Tours, I have been in contact with them about giving us a private tour with some city highlights and catered to some of our wants. They have been very prompt and helpful!

I feel bad though that we may not end up using them after all there help, but we may be meeting up with some American missionaries that live there instead.

• 1 month later...

Just back from our cruise!

We did use Isaira tours very happy with the service! Met us promptly outside the gate and catered the tour to our wants!

We did the cable car, chocolate factory and the fort.

My biggest goal was to go to a school and take a few supplies. I could only sneak off a couple of backpacks, but so worth it. Some of the kids had lost their only notebook in the flooding so the teacher was going to split the 3 I had brought into sections so they could have paper. Many children's parents cant even afford a pencil for their child!

If we can ever go back I will be doing this again or having the guide take us grocery shopping to take food to some hungry families.

• 1 month later...

We have had great luck with a taxi driver inside the cruise terminal at amber cove. Our group of 6 used Rafael Diaz eight times and highly recommend him. He is a licensed taxi driver. His van is new, clean and great air conditioning. He speaks conversational English and was very informative and fun! He taught the kids a song in Spanish, and had us entertained the entire days we spent with him. The taxi stand manager knows him by "Diaz" just request him and you will have fun. I felt so comfortable with Diaz that I sent my 2 teenagers to the falls alone with him one day.....for one entire day for 6 people I paid $100 and he took us to the cable car and then to the falls. He waited while the kids climbed the falls and watched their cell phones and backpacks. He is a nice man, proud father and loves to share his country with travelers. If you want his direct phone number let me know

• Like 1

We have had great luck with a taxi driver inside the cruise terminal at amber cove. Our group of 6 used Rafael Diaz eight times and highly recommend him. He is a licensed taxi driver. His van is new, clean and great air conditioning. He speaks conversational English and was very informative and fun! He taught the kids a song in Spanish, and had us entertained the entire days we spent with him. The taxi stand manager knows him by "Diaz" just request him and you will have fun. I felt so comfortable with Diaz that I sent my 2 teenagers to the falls alone with him one day.....for one entire day for 6 people I paid $100 and he took us to the cable car and then to the falls. He waited while the kids climbed the falls and watched their cell phones and backpacks. He is a nice man, proud father and loves to share his country with travelers. If you want his direct phone number let me know

What a great recommendation of Diaz, how many people do you think his van could hold?

Jen

I couldn't;t find a price on his website for private tours. Do you know what he charges? We just want to do the chocolate factory, cable cars and visit a school for donations.

Sorry we have been out of country so just catching up.

I believe it was $51 pp

He must really be reliable. Hope we can have him when we come back. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I do need Diaz's number for my August cruise to Amber Cove. Thank you so much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How much is the cable car fee? Do you know.

I believe it was $8 pp round trip. There was a "band" playing/singing in the area where you sit to wait for your turn to go up as well as a local "magician" doing tricks - you may want to have a few dollars handy for a tip if you enjoy their entertainment. Also there are guides available if you wish to avail yourself of their services and at least one gentleman who is excellent taking pictures with your camera of you in front of the statue - he suggests some very interesting poses - it was fun. Also there is a shop up there with some nice jewelry.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to have his contact info plz :D

We are on Vista 10/7 sailing and got re-routed here.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to get Rafael Diaz contact info please

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please let me know Diaz direct phone number. Many thanks.

• 3 months later...

We would like to book Rafael to take us to the falls. Can I get his direct number please?