2017 Brides!

BimTheDuck

Hello ladies and quite possibly gentlemen!

The 2015 Brides! and the 2016 Brides! threads have been EXTREMELY helpful. I've seen at least five 2017 brides in the last few weeks so I thought I would start a new thread for our wedding year! Who else has booked for 2017?

I am officially getting married on the Carnival Breeze Sunday July 02, 2017! We're doing a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. We booked a category 8C balcony cabin last week along with the Time to Celebrate Big package. I secured the DJ option this morning so I know my reception will be held in the Liquid Nightclub.

I LOVE planning things so I know the next year and several months should be a lot of fun getting everything planned and organized. I can't wait to chat with you all about all things wedding!

Hooray, we have a thread! And wedding dates!

My fiance and I will be getting married May 14, 2017, on the Carnival Vista in Miami. We're doing a 6-day cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios and sailing in an Ocean Suite.

We're planning on booking the DJ as well, but we haven't gotten to that just yet.

Hello ladies and quite possibly gentlemen!

The 2015 Brides! and the 2016 Brides! threads have been EXTREMELY helpful. I've seen at least five 2017 brides in the last few weeks so I thought I would start a new thread for our wedding year! Who else has booked for 2017?

I am officially getting married on the Carnival Breeze Sunday July 02, 2017! We're doing a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. We booked a category 8C balcony cabin last week along with the Time to Celebrate Big package. I secured the DJ option this morning so I know my reception will be held in the Liquid Nightclub.

I LOVE planning things so I know the next year and several months should be a lot of fun getting everything planned and organized. I can't wait to chat with you all about all things wedding!

Congratulations!!! Just remember to breathe and enjoy this time!

July 2017 Bride here! :D

Not sure exactly when because the cruiseline hasn't released the dates yet, ugh.:mad: But as soon as they do I'm on it. I check periodically as does my wedding planner. In the meantime I just look at the 2015 and 2016 threads for insight.

Not sure exactly when because the cruiseline hasn't released the dates yet, ugh.:mad: But as soon as they do I'm on it. I check periodically as does my wedding planner. In the meantime I just look at the 2015 and 2016 threads for insight.

which cruise-line are you going with for your wedding?

Hello there :)

As a heads up, I believe they posted the Celebrity dates for next July (2017). I am getting married on the Summit out of Bayonne August 2016 :)

Hello there :)

As a heads up, I believe they posted the Celebrity dates for next July (2017). I am getting married on the Summit out of Bayonne August 2016 :)

Hey Falls, yes you've given me some great info so far on another thread and through e-mail. Thanks, I did not know the dates came out.:D I just wish Royal's dates were out too so I could properly compare as it seems most of the people we've talked to prefer Royal because it has a younger crowd.

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to say that I have finally booked my wedding cruise! My wedding will be on April 10th, 2017 aboard the Freedom of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) ship. We are going on a 6 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, with port stops in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya.

Woohoo!

We are still working on ceremony/reception details. Anyone have any experience with Royal Caribbean? This will be our first cruise and we are still figuring things out.

Also, what is everyone doing as far as decorations are concerned. Can you decorate much aboard the ship?

Any ideas on how to nicely but firmly encourage friends and family who plan on attending my wedding to make their first deposit sooner rather than later? First deposit is $25/pp and due by February 8th, 2016. Everyone keeps telling me how excited they are to attend but only 2 people have called my travel agent to make their deposits. I want them to make this first deadline because Carnival will release my block of rooms after the 8th and then guests are stuck paying the second deposit price which is $250/pp.

Any ideas on how to nicely but firmly encourage friends and family who plan on attending my wedding to make their first deposit sooner rather than later? First deposit is $25/pp and due by February 8th, 2016. Everyone keeps telling me how excited they are to attend but only 2 people have called my travel agent to make their deposits. I want them to make this first deadline because Carnival will release my block of rooms after the 8th and then guests are stuck paying the second deposit price which is $250/pp.

We aren't going through a travel agent (the only ones I could find in the area were telling us that we would have to have everybody's deposit - the full $250 amount - together in order to book at all). We have, however, been telling people that they'll likely save money and get a better room if they book earlier, though. It's been a mixed bag, unfortunately. I would just keep pitching the lower price of the deposit! That first deposit is so small, I can't imagine why people wouldn't be jumping at that.

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to finally be able to post on this board. We got engaged in March of 2015 and will have our wedding cruise aboard the carnival paradise in February of 2017. We are actually planning the ceremony in Cozumel with Magic Memories weddings in Nachi Cocom. We are not sending save the dates, rather invitations a year in advance with a link to our wedding website where guests can rsvp. We are working with a travel agent that specializes in cruise weddings and she has been super helpful, she has a cruise wedding herself! I just bought my dress and am feeling relieved but a little sad that that part is over and I still have over a year. I have to keep off dress sites now!! Since we have so much time there isn't a lot to do besides send out invites which we just got in the mail. Tracking down addresses was a little insane, we are inviting everyone we would to a regular wedding. No inkling how many people plan on attending. Congrats to all the brides and grooms!

Congrats on your engagement! I have a question for you, is there a line that you guys draw for who to invite and who not to invite? My fiance and I are torn on sending out invites to tons of people, or only the people we think will actually go. We have tons of work friends and childhood friends that we would probably invite to a normal wedding, but aren't sure if its appropriate to invite to our cruise wedding since most of them will probably not be comfortable traveling to another state to get on a cruise with us. Your thoughts? I feel like if some of them do end up going it would almost be weird since our group on the ship will mostly likely be small and intimate. Its so hard to gauge these things lol!

We honestly are inviting everyone even if it's weird. We figure most people won't come if they don't feel super close to us and if they did, hey it's a chance to get to know them better. They always say you'll be surprised who comes and who doesn't come. I get stressed out about hurting people's feelings so I'd rather over invite. This may prove to be a super random group but I'm totally ok with that!! Hope that gives you a little insight to what we are thinking :)

Yes that is super insightful! I think I'm leaning toward what you are doing. Id hate to hurt people's feelings if they don't get an invite. The more the merrier :). I am worried about it being a weird mix of people, but like you said, at least it gives us a chance to get to know people better. Thanks for your reply!

We decided to just invite everyone we wanted, I didn't want to hurt any feelings either. We figured only about half would make the trip anyway, and even if we go over the maximum and get charged $20pp that's $20 to have someone you care about there. Think about it, you probably wouldn't go to the destination wedding of your co worker or your neighbors daughter. Another way to look at it is that if extra ppl do end up coming, they are contributing towards our actual cruise being free. We invited about 170 ppl and I only forsee 75 or less attending.I think the really important ppl who love you will end up coming so I wouldn't worry too much. Good Luck!!

FYI: Now what we are being selective about is only telling certain friends and family about the non sailing option because Carnival gave us a strict 50 person limit for non sailing guests.