Live from the Wind. Ft.Lauderdale to Monaco.

CruisinPashmina

The Wind is looking wonderful. Lots of familiar crew members with the usual smiling faces. There are, I was told, 209 passengers on board.Dinner last night, at The Terrasse, with my three traveling companions, was wonderful. We dined outside...lots of excellent Italian red wine to celebrate the beginning of what I know will be a wonderful voyage.

Must walk around and listen to people's accents to find 2 British and two Aussies for our Trivia Team..feels a little creepy, but getting a balanced team is the first challenge of the game. It IS a game, right??

Enjoy... forgot to say, the HD was changed mid cruise... I didn't get the new guys name.

Your first Impressions on Rico? - he's a very personable guy in my opinion and nice to chat with. His jokes are poor though! Lol

You have more crew than passengers!

We've been home a few hours and had a nap.... work tomorrow! Yuk

Enjoy your cruise. (It'll be difficult not to be the case!

All the best

Les

We had more crew than passengers on our sailing, and it was wonderful.

We had Rico as cruise director as well. He was fun and a great host for the shows and karaoke! His jokes, all about the same, funny once, and then not so much. Still a great guy.

The Wind is looking wonderful. Lots of familiar crew members with the usual smiling faces. There are, I was told, 209 passengers on board.Dinner last night, at The Terrasse, with my three traveling companions, was wonderful. We dined outside...lots of excellent Italian red wine to celebrate the beginning of what I know will be a wonderful voyage.

Must walk around and listen to people's accents to find 2 British and two Aussies for our Trivia Team..feels a little creepy, but getting a balanced team is the first challenge of the game. It IS a game, right??

Have a great cruise and good luck with the Trivia. Enjoy the Voices as they are all on their way home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you..all. I struck out on finding an international Trivia team.but we did okay..came in second today. Oh..how I wish we'd had the brilliant Canadian team of M and T. The new,to me, Rico, did a fine job...the questions were hard..we had to guess a lot.

Dinner tonight was with the Shore excursion manager, Maria. Food and wine were wonderful as was the very lively conversation.

Took a pass on " Mind the Gap" show tonight....how many times can you see the same shows? Really good lecture by Bill Boggs, a TV host who interiewed every one from Bing Crosby to Little Richard. It was a triple success; entertaining,informative and fun.

The ever unpredictable Internet is now only one hour free. Not happy wth this.

Thank you..all. I struck out on finding an international Trivia team.but we did okay..came in second today. Oh..how I wish we'd had the brilliant Canadian team of M and T. The new,to me, Rico, did a fine job...the questions were hard..we had to guess a lot.

Dinner tonight was with the Shore excursion manager, Maria. Food and wine were wonderful as was the very lively conversation.

Took a pass on " Mind the Gap" show tonight....how many times can you see the same shows? Really good lecture by Bill Boggs, a TV host who interiewed every one from Bing Crosby to Little Richard. It was a triple success; entertaining,informative and fun.

We'll join your team! Sadly not on board with you but you could always Skype us - that's not really cheating is it? Glad to hear all is going well.

Rp

Hmmm that's odd. As Shots will confirm (as I did think at the time she probably needed to check), we both had unlimited wifi and in fairness it wS actually pretty good considering its satellite.

Have you asked why they have changed it from the last few cruises as it 100% was not just an hour.

PS if you see Albert the barman in the main bar or pool bar can you tell him Sally and Les send their regards.... and and ask him to send over a virtual Pina Colada and Champagne for us! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CruisinPashmina, Thanks for taking us along with you on the Wind.

Please if you have time could you find out who the Hotel Director/CD and Restaurant MGR for the Wind will be in July--we board July 14th in London.

Bob Ross, we were on the refurbed Wind this past November for the crossing and loved the new Observation Lounge (had our Silversea/Cruise Critic meet & mingle in there). Also, the newly placed, newly designed fitness center (tho smaller) is nicely equipped. We loved the refurb so much we booked the Wind for Norway.

You're very welcome Bob.

Just heard from the Wind HD, Daniel Ilias and he goes on vacation the day we board, and Lester will cover for Daniel when he goes on Vacation.

Yes Mr. Silver--good for Mrs. Silver and you. We hope to have lunch with Daniel on July 14th but it's transition day and may be to hard to do--we agreed to at least meet in London that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here I am again! Very nice day in Bermuda. The badly named "tour of the rich and famous" was wonderful...second time for me. It is on a double decker boat owned by the commentator and her husband. It goes all around the harbor and the islands within the long, picturesque harbor. We learned about the dates of the beautiful houses, the original and present owners. The only universally celebrated owners are Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones...all the other people we learned about were/are famous in Bermuda. It was all mostly about the founding and on going history of Bermuda.....a wonderful way to put this holiday island in historical context. Highly recommended.

When we came back on board we were told that because of very bad weather ahead we were going to delay sailing until tomorrow at 7:00 am. Didn't feel like a big deal until I came back to my cabin after a wonderful dinner and found everything tucked away.....orchid down on the floor, and, for my first time, the glasses padded by what looks like baby pillows pushed up against them in the shelves.

I have the "Magic", very effective, pills from reception, all ready. Bring it on...I guess!

More tomorrow.

Bouncy day at sea today after leaving Hamilton Bermuda. Beautiful scenery as we wove around the small Islands on our way out into the great big Atlantic.

Lousy finish in Trivia..which almost ruins my day. We kept second guessing ourselves and were inevitably wrong. Any one know what a dickit is? We didn't..and I, personally should have known.. Rico, the CD..new to me, is movie star handsome, really nice, and obviously likes doing Trivia.

Apparently there will be two more days of serious swells...very difficult for the crew, and some of the passengers seem to be affected.

To be continued...

Apparently the seas will be subsiding in the afternoon tomorrow. Most importantly we are still going to dock in Funchal...picking up passengers and taking on fuel. I was afraid that we would have to skip Madeira because of the 14 delay in leaving Bermuda. Funchal is the only place I haven't yet been...so I'm perfectly happy.

Trivia is another story. Very bright team members, but terrible results. We don't like having to give the year dates. Who could do anything but guess on most of them...our guesses today were all wrong. Who knows what year La Scala Opera first opened???