Insurance? Wow it is expensive but

helene109

Does everyone get it my pvp said $119 for both of us kids are $95 for both. I have until the 22nd to decide. I didn't get it on our 5 day 2 years ago but did on the 7 days the year before. We went to Disney last year and it was only $75 each adult! My 17 year old had to have his appendix removed as we were going to our second hotel and he wanted to go to urgent care, it was covered under trip interruption! The whole bill was paid except for our rental car.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks I didn't even think of other opinions, I was a little dissapointed in Disney coverage but they went out of their way to even help us change hotels.

What is the final date to purchase insurance from a 3rd party? How many use a 3rd party insurance thanks

Insure my trip dot com is NOT a 3rd party insurance site.

It is a comparison site for insurance companies that offer travel insurance.

You go there and compare services and prices. Then you can buy directly from the insurance company you prefer.

I live near the port and I am not really concerned with trip cancellation coverage. I do always get a medical only travel insurance policy since my health insurance does not cover me out of the country. It is only like $30 total for my husband and I for the week.

We didn't used to do trip insurance, oddly my mom did for a non-cruise vacation last year and we did have to cancel because I was diagnosed with Cancer and had to have surgery and start treatments. So now, we always will. I did learn that because I now have a pre-existing condition, I usually have to get it when I book the trip, there is a time limit. Or so my last TA told us.

How do you get medical only?

look at all the policies at insuremytrip, as someone else pointed out they are a comparison site for various companies and various policies. Some cover everything, others are more limited.

Many of us here use Steve and his colleagues at

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

who sell policies from a variety of vetted insurers.

(No extra charge.)

We learned about them here, and it was a good thing.

For our first big trip, we got the insurance, and... DH had a medical emergency less than 2 weeks to go.

We had another large claim when we needed to extend a stay overseas for several days due to my getting sick and ending up in hospital.

We use the Travel Insured policy we get through Steve, and will stick with them, because we know they pay without nonsense, and that's what counts...

We use TravelInsured. When we've traveled with the kids, if they were under 18, they were included free at the time. Now, at 21 and 23, they are still very inexpensive to insure.

We can insure medical only for under $20 per child. If we want to insure the entire cruise and all out of pocket costs it is more.

• 4 weeks later...