Princess vs. HAL

bluebelle2010

Almost all my cruises have been on Princess. My last cruise was my first time solo and it was wonderful. I've been on Princess enough that it always feels like home when I step on board. I'm looking to plan another cruise and was wondering about HAL for solo cruising. Is HAL equivalent to Princess re food, entertainment, age group, etc.? Thanks in advance!

Most of my solo cruises have been on HAL. I did one solo on Princess and enjoyed it very much. I found the lines to be more similar than different. HAL will often offer a discount to solo cruisers on inside and outside cabins; Princess is pretty much 200%, but they do give double points.

Roz

Most of my solo cruises have been on HAL. I did one solo on Princess and enjoyed it very much. I found the lines to be more similar than different. HAL will often offer a discount to solo cruisers on inside and outside cabins; Princess is pretty much 200%, but they do give double points.

Roz

Thank you! I'm looking to go somewhere early summer and don't have the courage to fly overseas solo yet...I'm working on it, though. There aren't many cruises for Princess other than Alaska, a destination which I've been to many times. I found some HAL cruises that intrigued me involving Bermuda and New England so I'm considering taking the plunge ~ flying across the US and onto a new cruise line. The next step after that would be an overseas trip. I'm glad to know HAL is similar. I bought the minimum amount of Carnival stock so that is why I am considering HAL. Thanks for your insight regarding the ships!

As a solo, I have enjoyed all of my cruises on Princess and HAL. I find little difference as to how solo cruisers are accepted. The ambiance on HAL suits me more than Princess. But, if the itinerary and price is right, I would book a Princess cruise. I am, in fact, considering the re-positioning of Sapphire Princess in the Fall of 2018 from Southampton to Singapore. The itinerary is good; the price is not.

As a solo, I have enjoyed all of my cruises on Princess and HAL. I find little difference as to how solo cruisers are accepted. The ambiance on HAL suits me more than Princess. But, if the itinerary and price is right, I would book a Princess cruise. I am, in fact, considering the re-positioning of Sapphire Princess in the Fall of 2018 from Southampton to Singapore. The itinerary is good; the price is not.
Thanks for the perspective on HAL. That's good news to hear! WOW ~ that repositioning cruise looks amazing. So many great port stops!