Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

Few things rattle me, but the inexcusably pathetic online "tool" Celebrity provides is ridiculous. I can't effectively access my account, my reservations, or plan shore excursions. They should be embarrassed by their online presence-nothing modern or luxurious about it. I sure hope they don't pay their technology department standard wages-they don't earn it.

I wish that every company that wants to change their website to their customers, would ask some of their customers to try it out before the roll it out to the public. Too many times, companies think things are great and easier for their customers, when in fact it makes doing business with them much, much more difficult on their website.

I spent an hour yesterday trying to get my reservation to load. I had to keep logging on/off and refreshing my browser before it would work. Then I discovered that they had completely removed the ability for you to book "gifts" (strawberries, cheeses, room decor) etc.. from their website completely. Now you have to CALL and talk to someone. Talk about going backwards in terms of customer service!?! All of this could be done online a few months ago. :(

I wish that every company that wants to change their website to their customers, would ask some of their customers to try it out before the roll it out to the public.

I agree. Some does Beta testing first.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree that they have botched the rollout massively and the new website offers much less functionality than the old one. I also do not like all the black on the new website, or the layout.

This is change for changes sake, not change for the better. :mad:

P.S. - I still think Princess have one of the best cruise line websites ..... Celebrity are you watching and listening?????? Maybe you could go take a look and learn something :rolleyes:

I also do not like all the black on the new website ...

Totally agree We recently were required to get new X1 DVR boxes from Comcast (they are phasing out their older DVRs), and while the technology is surprisingly good, all the on-screen displays (the guide, your list of recorded shows, etc.) are now white type on a black screen They are virtually unreadable. Maybe some of these companies think there is some "cool" or sophisticated look to white on black, but imho it is NOT user friendly.

I was trying to look at some cruises and could not get the filters to work at all. It shouldn't be that hard. I've only been using the internet since about 95 or so, so it's not like I'm a rookie at it.

It's like they try to run customers off.

I'm convinced Celebrity and Royal use the same person to create and maintain their websites, both are a disaster. Very clunky and the filter function to search for cruises is just ridiculous. I wish they would test these things out first and have professionals create them in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Today, when I type in http://www.celebritycruises.com, it keeps redirecting me to http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk. I can now only access the UK version of the site!! HELP! How can I get it back to Canadian prices? There's no place to choose my country on the UK site, and the website is now effectively useless.

Not only should Celebrity be very embarrassed by this, but it's extremely frustrating that I cannot see/access anything regarding my next two cruises that have already been booked!!!

Today, when I type in www.celebritycruises.com, it keeps redirecting me to www.celebritycruises.co.uk. I can now only access the UK version of the site!! HELP! How can I get it back to Canadian prices? There's no place to choose my country on the UK site, and the website is now effectively useless.

Not only should Celebrity be very embarrassed by this, but it's extremely frustrating that I cannot see/access anything regarding my next two cruises that have already been booked!!!

Easy fix. Just close the website, delete your Celebrity cookies, then re-enter www.celebritycruises.com.

Easy fix. Just close the website, delete your Celebrity cookies, then re-enter www.celebritycruises.com.

I believe gg88 is in Canada and it could be that because of the IP address from their ISP the website is automatically redirecting to the UK website. it may not be as asimple as clearing their cookies. It all will depend on whom the telcom provider is and how the IP addresses are routed/recognized to/by the Celebrity website

I believe gg88 is in Canada and it could be that because of the IP address from their ISP the website is automatically redirecting to the UK website. it may not be as asimple as clearing their cookies. It all will depend on whom the telcom provider is and how the IP addresses are routed/recognized to/by the Celebrity website

Note that I too am from Canada and that I've provided this fix to several others on various threads with no one reporting that the fix didn't work.

I called and left a complaint on their voice mail because I couldn't find my account on my reservation. Very frustrated! I just got a message back from Celebrity....a very nice message explaining to me that since I made my reservation through another company, Celebrity doesn't have that information until the company releases it to them. I needed to contact who I made the reservation with. The voice mail was very nice and apologetic that it took so long to get back to me. They know there are problems with the new web site. Hopefully they will fix it soon! ;)

Some of my reservations are with agents, but several are also booked with Celebrity. It pulls the reservation number--and that is it. I can't see what the reservation is for or any of the details. It just surprises me that they can operate with such poor technology.

I wish that every company that wants to change their website to their customers, would ask some of their customers to try it out before the roll it out to the public. Too many times, companies think things are great and easier for their customers, when in fact it makes doing business with them much, much more difficult on their website.

We tried to pay for our upcoming cruise on the celebrity website. My DH who has a ph.D had so much trouble with the website that we called celebrity as the website screwed up a relatively easy transaction We have done this with other cruises without any problems. I also tried to book reservations at specialty restaurants using cruise credit and the site couldn't complete the transaction Celebrity is making more work for its staff and frustrating it's passengers. Celebrity please fix your non user friendly site.

I was switched over this morning to the new website. Awful. Tried to make dining reservations for our upcoming cruise. It kept signing me out. Then I finally got to the checkout cart and noticed that my reservation for Tuscan Grill was listed as Qsine.

You can clear cookies for the individual site, and not have to clear all cookies in your browser. This video shows how to do it in Chrome on the PC, but similar techniques are available for Firefox and other browsers.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Here is the raw link if the editor's "YouTube" tag doesn't work (it rarely does):

I am in California, and the new website shows just last week for me. It was redirecting to the UK site also for me. But I know what to do, so I deleted the cookies and it went back to .com. There is definitely some bugs in the filters.

Few things rattle me, but the inexcusably pathetic online "tool" Celebrity provides is ridiculous. I can't effectively access my account, my reservations, or plan shore excursions. They should be embarrassed by their online presence-nothing modern or luxurious about it. I sure hope they don't pay their technology department standard wages-they don't earn it.

I could access today without any problem. I could manage my reservation and book excursions if I wish, no problems.

You need to go to the correct website.

I spent an hour yesterday trying to get my reservation to load. I had to keep logging on/off and refreshing my browser before it would work. Then I discovered that they had completely removed the ability for you to book "gifts" (strawberries, cheeses, room decor) etc.. from their website completely. Now you have to CALL and talk to someone. Talk about going backwards in terms of customer service!?! All of this could be done online a few months ago. :(

Thanks for posting this! I looked every which way for gifts before giving up - glad to find it's not just me.

But what company, in this day and age, FORCES customers to call in for every little thing?

I could access today without any problem. I could manage my reservation and book excursions if I wish, no problems.

You need to go to the correct website.

New or Old website? Some people get the new one some still get the old one. I get the old site from work using firefox and new site from home using chrome.

I tried to book 10 nights speciality dining using my OBC which I believe is a new thing for Celebrity. I made the first night reservation as requested, then when the total amount payable comes up you can apply your onboard credit by clicking the button, but guess what - it doesn't apply the credit. I carried on with the booking and card details hoping it would eventually be taken off before I paid but no way was it going to work. Gave up in the end and had to call them. The new younger generation cruisers that Celebrity is trying to attract are definitely not going to be impressed !