Warwick Long Bay

HawaiianShirtDay

Any advice on what to do for lunch if we're spending the day at WLB? Can we bring snacks from the boat? Should we grab something at the dockyard? Are there any places close to the entrance of the beach?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Adding to the answers in the previous two replies, what is and isn't allowed off the ship, only sealed packaged food off (agriculture regulations), and that food to go is available at the Dockyard Pharmacy or also the Dockyard Pastry Shop, there has been a food truck in the past in the parking area at the west entrance. Someone who has been there this summer might comment if they have seen it or not.

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...
Do they sell beer and ice? Is it close to the beach shuttles?

Thanks

The Dockyard Pharmacy is about ¼ mile from where you would board a mini-bus, but I have been unable to ascertain whether beer is sold there.

There is a mini-mart (Pier 41) located just past the Clocktower Mall which is about ½ mile from where you would board a mini-bus. Beer, ice, food & snacks are sold there.

I don't believe you could take a cooler on the mini-bus. The other option would be a taxi.

SBtS

It taking a taxi you can stop in Somerset Village in the way and grab drinks and lunch at the Marketplace there and at Arnold's if I remember. Taking the bus you'll need to grab drinks and a lunch at the pharmacy or take-out lunch at the F&G and get drinks at the food truck if it is on the beach.

Excellent beach selection! We spent hours in absolute paradise there and at JC while HSB was swamped.

And a thread from TA with info from one of our favorite BDM experts, KDKSAIL -

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147255-i208-k10464669-Take_away_lunch_from_Kings_Wharf_area-Bermuda.html

Looks like he confirms Arnold's and the Somerset Village marketplace are an option if taking a taxi. You can also take the bus there and another to the beach of course.

The food truck Facebook page if you want to post a question, looks like they are still servicing WLB -

https://www.facebook.com/Cann-Da-Licious-584307031590540/

I don't see anything on the page showing they are at Warwick Long Bay this summer. All they show there is from 2016. Their 2017 posts are about their location in Hamilton. So I don't think it is confirmed they are at Warwick this summer. They might be but the page does not confirm. Someone could post and ask. Or email or call them.

Edited by Charles4515

I don't see anything on the page showing they are at Warwick Long Bay this summer. All they show there is from 2016. Their 2017 posts are about their location in Hamilton. So I don't think it is confirmed they are at Warwick this summer. They might be but the page does not confirm. Someone could post and ask. Or email or call them.

Right, thanks for correcting me that Cann De Licious is not confirmed to be servicing WLB today. If HawaiianShirtDay wants that option they do need to post to their f page or email them. From other sources it sounds like they may no longer be servicing WLB but it's not clear...

Funny no one can answer this question, but it's also nice to see WLB is still a quieter alternative in that area...:)

The market in SV would be our choice, we stopped there to pickup a nice lunch and drinks on our way to H2O Watersports to rent a Boston Whaler which is another great experience and you can have your own private beach!

I received good feedback on the Cann De Licious food truch from KDKSAIL, a contributor on the TA Bermuda forum who is very, very knowledgeable on all things Bermuda. At this time they have the one truck and that is now located at Albouy's Point so you will need to hit someplace in King's Wharf or in Somerset Village...

"NO....they still have their food truck in downtown Hamilton (Albouy's Point)....but the food cart and chair & umbrella operation is *** no longer *** operating down on the parking area of the WARWICK LONG BAY/JOBSON'S COVE entrance to the beach.

E-Mail sent 06/20/2017--

"..Good day,

We regret to advise we are not operating at Warwick Long bay at the moment. We are trying to upgrade our services and have been denied the electricity power needed to provide additional services.

We apologize and hope you will contact us again soon and we will advise if we are open.

Regards

Vernal Cann...."

These concessionaires mostly operate on a season-to-season basis, with leases from the Dept. of Parks. The Parks Dept. doesn't want to establish any sort of '..permanent..' easement on these area beyond what already is pre-existing.

Cann-Da-Licious got it's start in this area though...with their first food truck. They operated 'seasonally' in this 'neighborhood for several years. They used to set-up on a grassy patch private property along the South Road, across from the Warwick Long Bay/Jobson's Cove entrance. Thy used a big 'cable drum' painted PURPLE as their '..picnic table..'. I think the 'cable drum table is still there. It's only in the past couple of years that they operated down on the Warwick Long Bay/Jobson's Cove parking lot."

"NO....they still have their food truck in downtown Hamilton (Albouy's Point)....but the food cart and chair & umbrella operation is *** no longer *** operating down on the parking area of the WARWICK LONG BAY/JOBSON'S COVE entrance to the beach.

Thank you for finding this out. It is too bad they can't operate there anymore but at least we have confirmation that their truck and chairs are not there this season. People reading here will know what to expect. Of course it is still a great uncrowded beach and the walk between Warwick and Horseshoe is wonderful in my opinion.

FWIW, I just received a reply from Vernal Cann and he said "we are currently not operating at WLB this season "due to the unavailability of electricity. We hope to see you next season."

I wonder why the unavailability of electricity is an issue. We have a lot of food trucks in the D.C. area. They have propane, they don't connect to electricity on the street. About three blocks from where I live four or five line up on weekdays on the street.

I have his Facebook page. I will try to remember to check it next season.

I wonder why the unavailability of electricity is an issue. We have a lot of food trucks in the D.C. area. They have propane, they don't connect to electricity on the street. About three blocks from where I live four or five line up on weekdays on the street.

I have his Facebook page. I will try to remember to check it next season.

He can give you more details...

When we stay across the street from WLB we carry a cooler there. But it's nice to have Vernon's truck for day visitors not wanting to take a bus from King's Wharf to Somerset Village to pick up lunch and drinks and wait for the next bus.So hopefully he can return.