Required Information about Chicago ORD airport

pratkeskum

I need to travel from domestic terminal to international terminal 5 in ORD chicago airport. But i have below doubts:

1. Besides train is there any other way to reach terminal 5?

2. How long will train stop at domestic terminal? I heard it is very less. I have 5 to 6 checkin bags. Will the time be sufficient for me to board all the bags into train?

About 2 weeks ago the Chicago Dept of Aviation started a new bus service to Terminal 5. It is planned to operate to or thru October 2017.

The new service runs daily from 10:30am until 8pm, with a shutdown from 1:30pm til 3pm. The bus departs approximately every 15 minutes from gate K20 and from gate G17...both of these gates are in Terminal 3. To ride this bus, travelers must show their passport and a boarding pass for their international departing flight. Travelers will remain inside security thru this transfer to their Terminal 5 gate.

If your bags are not thru-checked, you will leave security to claim them and you will ride the train, as you will not have further access to your domestic terminal and the transfer bus.

If bags are thru-checked and you have a printed itinerary but not a boarding pass, I would go to gate G17 or K20 and see if you will be permitted to ride this bus.

Not all international flights depart from Terminal 5. What airline are you taking out of the U.S.?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Forums mobile app

My further thoughts: with so many bags, you might be better leaving security and riding the train, unless your family can help. However, the SmartCarte luggage carts are not permitted on the train.

The train runs between terminals every 7 minutes or so and stops for a minute or 2 at esch stop. Being at the front of the platform and moving quickly would be helpful.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Forums mobile app