Diapers

myacuna

Has anyone just stuck a luggage tag (Royal) on a box of diapers/pull-ups? I really don't feel like packing and flying with a weeks worth of diapers. But my biggest fear is that the box gets lost [emoji79]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll Amazon them to my sister in law since we're staying with her. I was just more worried about sending the box on the ship not in a piece of luggage

I've checked diaper boxes with luggage tags, storage bins, cardboard boxes, bouncy chairs with luggage tags stuck to them and never had an issue. You do want to bring plenty in your carry-on as well since luggage can sometimes take awhile to arrive in the room - I always have enough to get me through the evening just in case it's not there before we go to dinner.

I'll Amazon them to my sister in law since we're staying with her. I was just more worried about sending the box on the ship not in a piece of luggage

I have a soft-sided bag I can tuck into my checked luggage. Once there, insert diapers into collapsed bag and have an extra piece for our room. Alternatively, split the package between a couple different bags if your concern is the bag being completely lost.

I, too, have been pondering diaper handling. Can you tell? ;p

We leave in 2 days and I am about going bananas.

We have an almost 4 year old and we are just completing his 3rd cruise (2nd international)

We brought the diapers in our general luggage - actually split across multiple bags - we were also traveling international and didn't want to have to worry if 1 bag missed a flight.... in general I would worry abit about the luggage getting onto the ship as well... and this way we just have extra room in the bags on the way home

Do the luggage tag on the box, you'll be fine. As a precaution I'd pack enough diapers in your carry on to get through the night. If you are super paranoid, pack enough to make it to the first port!

Have a great time!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going on a cruise in November with my 2 kids (both in diapers) and packing enough diapers has become one of my biggest concerns. I know Princess doesn't sell them in the gift shop and I can just see myself walking through Cozumel looking for a place that sells them.

I'm going on a cruise in November with my 2 kids (both in diapers) and packing enough diapers has become one of my biggest concerns. I know Princess doesn't sell them in the gift shop and I can just see myself walking through Cozumel looking for a place that sells them.

Just home from Alaska - I ordered diapers on Amazon Prime and had them delivered to our hotel room the day before check in. I packed a duffel bag into my luggage, took it out when we arrived and filled it with diapers. Easy as pie.

Just home from Alaska - I ordered diapers on Amazon Prime and had them delivered to our hotel room the day before check in. I packed a duffel bag into my luggage, took it out when we arrived and filled it with diapers. Easy as pie.

Did you tell the hotel that you were having the diapers shipped to their address?

Did you tell the hotel that you were having the diapers shipped to their address?

I called and asked beforehand if it was okay and they didn't even note it on my reservation. I did put a c/o line with my check in date. I think it's fairly common these days.

I called and asked beforehand if it was okay and they didn't even note it on my reservation. I did put a c/o line with my check in date. I think it's fairly common these days.

Good to know...thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We took a box with a luggage tag on it and had no trouble with it being delivered to our room with the rest of our luggage. The best part was we could unpack the box, break it down and as the steward to dispose of it for us.

With twins traveling to Europe at 14 months my big concern was spending all my port time diaper hunting. I know Europe sells diapers and we could find them but I that is not how I wanted to spend our tour time. So we tallied the diapers used in a week and then used that number plus some padding to pack. We packed diapers in the extra spots in suitcases and in a larger box that went all the way to the ship with us. The extra spots in the suitcase were filled with souvenirs on the way home and we went home without the box. It worked well for us.

We also split diapers across our luggage and the diaper bag(s.) This was with twins so we'd be bringing over 100 diapers when they were very young. There are plenty of spaces in the bag, and the relatively light diapers help avoid going over the airline weight limit if flying.

I have shipped stuff to hotels, and it has never been an issue. As others have said I think this is common enough that they know to hold the package. We have a fairly uncommon last name, so they would have no problem verifying that we'll be there on a given date. If your last name is Smith or Jones, it might make sense to call after getting the package delivered notification.