Am I losing my mind? Muse now has Vista and Panorama suites?

Kate-AHF

Did this ship always have these categories? They just now appeared on our sailing for May 2018. I could swear i never saw them before, either on the sailings or on the deck plans. But they are now on both.

Please tell me I'm not losing what's left of my mind....

Okay, not losing my mind. Checked on the wayback site, and they have not been advertising these cabins. The old deck plans don't list them either, but show the Panorama suites as being part of the Owners/Silver suites and the Vista suites on deck 4 are on there, just not in the legend.

Okay, not losing my mind. Checked on the wayback site, and they have not been advertising these cabins. The old deck plans don't list them either, but show the Panorama suites as being part of the Owners/Silver suites and the Vista suites on deck 4 are on there, just not in the legend.

isn't that great when you answer your own question.... within a week are going to be 120 days from a 35 day cruise on the Muse. Guess we better start looking at the deck plan...

isn't that great when you answer your own question.... within a week are going to be 120 days from a 35 day cruise on the Muse. Guess we better start looking at the deck plan...

Yes you had...... and don't be like me and miss out altogether the observation lounge! (No wonder I didn't get any photos of it!) :p

Thanks for posting OP - I don't think you're going mad, I'm absolutely certain there were no Vista or "Panorama" suites available for booking on mine and any other I've looked at. Most odd!

How grand! 35 wonderful days! That should be plenty of time to really enjoy the ship.

I remember distinctly there were no Vista Suites on the Muse when we were deciding between the Whisper and the Muse for our TA, because the 'price from' shown on the advertising was so much higher for the Muse. It took me a while to figure out that was because the Whisper pricing started with Vista Suites, while the pricing for the Muse was starting with a Classic Veranda suite. (We eventually picked the Whisper due to the itinerary.)

Now I see they are offering incentives for the Muse TA, and most of the availability is in Vista and Panorama Suites.

I am a bit confused though: the Panorama Suites appear to be smaller than the Vista Suites but are higher priced. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good spot. The latest deck plan is dated June 29, 2017. For now, you can find previous versions by searching "Muse deck plan".

The Vista suites were visible on earlier deck plans, with numbers, but not listed as a category. At the time, speculation was that this was to launch Muse as "all-balcony". Looks like some of the Vistas are accessible, with extra space accordingly, with communicating doors, perhaps for carers or family.

Marketing the new Panorama category in its own right is a first, IIRC. These are of course second bedrooms for the large Owners suites, plus a couple of Silvers. I guess the pricing is higher than a Vista for two reasons. They don't want to sell these separately before the communicating suite has gone. Also, they are five decks higher, with a better view.

They invent new names as they need to sell those sub-divided suites separately. The Panorama suites are equivalent to regular suites minus the balcony -- they are "pushed outward" by the widened central space (corridor), thus losing the balcony. The Vista suites on deck 4 include handicapped suites and what they plan for entertainers/lecturers etc., but they can sell to customers when needed.

Carefree, I hope you will be posting from this cruise. We will be on the Grand Voyage S.A. Muse in Jan '18 (We did it this year on the Spirit & liked it so much we're going back - not a bad way to sit out the Pac NW winter !) I will look forward to your observations regarding the dining arrangements. I'm very concerned, as are most people who have posted here, about longer voyages if the menus don't change throughout. Don't even get me started on the need to pre-reserve EVERYWHERE. There go the impromptu meet ups from trivia, bridge, happy hour. I'm just hoping the message has been received & will be acted upon But it's highly doubtful we'll return with significant weight loss if we're force fed lobster & steak for 69 days ! Really looking forward to your thoughts along the way.

Again, Les, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the photo tour. It was amazing!

...within a week are going to be 120 days from a 35 day cruise on the Muse
Looks like you'll be embarking on the day we'll be disembarking. I promise, we won't make a mess of the place before your arrival. Now, as far as wiping them out of Italian wine, there will be no guarantees. ;)

I guess they got all the people who wanted to try 'new', and suckered them into paying for a balcony suite when some of them might have gone for a Vista. Now, with the two category upgrade offer, they are essentially discounting the veranda suites that haven't sold.

I guess they got all the people who wanted to try 'new', and suckered them into paying for a balcony suite when some of them might have gone for a Vista. Now, with the two category upgrade offer, they are essentially discounting the veranda suites that haven't sold.

Very sneaky..... though lucky for anyone able to take advantage.

I do wonder if these suites were actually used by guests - but just not publically advertised. And also - how many additional guests it adds to the overall count. I dont think the ship will seem any more crowded - but we are all aware of the issues with reservations, so it does represent question marks in how that will be managed.

Very sneaky..... though lucky for anyone able to take advantage.

I do wonder if these suites were actually used by guests - but just not publically advertised. And also - how many additional guests it adds to the overall count. I dont think the ship will seem any more crowded - but we are all aware of the issues with reservations, so it does represent question marks in how that will be managed.

We tried to book one of the deck 4 Vistas on the Muse for our September voyage and were told that that were no being sold at that time. There was a price in the system but the onboard consultant was not allows to use it. So we ended up in a Veranda.

We tried to book one of the deck 4 Vistas on the Muse for our September voyage and were told that that were no being sold at that time. There was a price in the system but the onboard consultant was not allows to use it. So we ended up in a Veranda.

Did you have your TA try to get the Vista for you or did you deal directly with SS?