Verizon cell in Bermuda

golf4me2010

On Anthem stopping in Bermuda. What's the latest on using your Verizon cell here? The Verizon tool says we have talk, text and 2G-4G data. Can I assume I can use my cell freely without worry?

I see some older posts on this topic but wanted a fresh answer. Thanks

Turn on Travel Pass on your Verizon account. It doesn't cost anything unless you use it. It costs $10 a day and uses your existing plans minutes and data. I was just in Canada and it worked great there too (only costs $5 a day in Canada or Mexico).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We turned Travel Pass (international service) on our Verizon phones. It was $10 per 24 hours on the island and it used our existing talk, text and data. We thought it was well worth the extra $10 charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes you can leave your phone on the whole time. Your phone will say roaming but as far as your account is concerned it is just like being at home. The $10 covers a 24 hour period from when you turn on your phone. You should get a text saying Travel Pass has started, as well as other updates.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks all.

Did you just leave your phone on while on the island? Assuming emails etc will be coming in throughout the day so would hope the $10 covers that.

Thx

I just turned off Airplane mode once we got into port. My emails, any text messages and other notifications started to come in. I mainly used my phone for the camera and google maps and a couple of calls/texts home. If I recall correctly, Verizon sends a text message indicating the service was on and another message when the next 24 hours is about to start.

• 5 years later...
39 minutes ago, refumpcpa said:

How well does Verizon data work on Bermuda?  I have the Travel pass.  I have a disabled daughter who plays YouTube videos all the time.  Is the data connection strong enough for videos to be downloaded?

It works very well but you have a daily set limit on data at normal speeds. Once you go through this they slow down the data considerably, to the point that a normal webpage in a browser takes a bit, until the next 24 hours kicks in. 

You won't be able to stream much-- you'll really need to connect to wifi to do that unless its something short. 

• Like 1