Iceberg the size of Delaware?

Nitemare

If memory serves me correctly, many moons ago one of the mega-rich Arabian countries conducted a project on the feasability of creating a similar sized 'berg and towing it to the Gulf for a ready source of fresh water. They knew that alot would melt but they wanted to know what what going to be left at the end of the journey.

Green issues, conservation and environmental issues obviously hadn't been invented then

And the extent of Antarctic sea ice has actually increased in the last 20 years.Although the extent has decreased around the Peninsula it has increased around the much larger continent.

For example in January 2011 we landed on the continent and went through Mawson's Hut.No tourist has been able to do that since as the sea ice hasn;'t broken up in summer along that part of the continent.

Ah, but how many Wales make up a Delaware?

Rp

I had to look it up, but Wales is more than four times larger than Delaware. Now we know... 1954 square miles for Delaware, to 8016 for Wales. Good thing that this iceberg is so tiny.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

On UK news broadcasts whenever a natural event occurs over a large area - a forest fire, flooding etc - it's almost inevitable that the area affected is compared with the size of Wales. About the only thing that never gets compared with the size of Wales is, er, Wales.

So let me see if I've got this straight:

A chunk of Delaware that's a quarter the size of Wales is being towed to the Antarctic behind the Discoverer? Is that about right?

Ice uppose that must be right.

Rp

Sorry

I dont care how big you all think it will be ..... I just want to see a photo of said iceberg being towed behind the Cloud Expedition .... ;) ..... :D .... !!!!!

Yes!

So let me see if I've got this straight:

A chunk of Delaware that's a quarter the size of Wales is being towed to the Antarctic behind the Discoverer? Is that about right?

No, from the Antarctic! [emoji41]

Love this thread. RP, your comment too. :D

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app