First Family Cruise on Oasis - Room 11328 any suggestions?

welikestuff

We are taking our first ever 'big vacation' on the Oasis leaving in 6 days! clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727EEK!! Due to last minute decision and booking, we were not able to select our own cabin. The cabin give in 11328. I have found 1 post on this stating it is a great room, although quite a walk (which is not big deal, exercise is always good). The other reviews I found seems to be rather old as they classify the room as a A4, D5, etc. Today, it's a D1. Any one agree or know first hand of this location? Will it be the only 'sore' of the cruise for us? Also, outside of formal dinners, what is dress attire in main dinning? Would dress bermudas and dress shirt be acceptable on some evenings? Hubby and I have been on 1 cruise, 8 years ago and it was Carnival. From all the research we have done sounds like they may be more laid back in dress attire. I'm really nervous this time since it's our first 'big' family vacation with our daughter who is 13. Please anyone, feel free to throw out suggestions, advise, anything. Lastly, anyone suggestions on the best motion sickness remedy? Patch vs Dramamine, etc. I DO NOT want to chance finding out on my own, so I plan on taking it from the get go to be clear and safe. Especially for my daughter. Thanks in advance!!

A D category cabin is a standard cabin. It will be fine...no "sore spots"!

Yes..the dress code has become very relaxed in recent years. They ask for no shorts in the dining room at dinner, but folks will wear them anyway.

Your daughter will have so much to do, you might not see her very often!

As far as meds go...we've never needed them. Unless you are VERY prone to motion sickness, you are unlikely to be bothered on the ship. The medical clinic has stuff, if you should feel queasy. Bonine is an OTC motion med.