Bermuda or E. Caribbean August 20-27??

basil1

I was (am) supposed to go to my townhouse in Florida during the week of Aug. 20-27 but it was damaged by tropical storm Cindy and we are having issues getting the repairs going. So, if I need to find a last minute alternate should I choose a 7 day Eastern Caribbean or Bermuda cruise? Which would be least crowded during that time? I am leaning toward Bermuda but am just wondering how it is that time of year. Thoughts?

Thanks!

We were in port the week of July the 4th and 4 of us took the mini bus over and back. It was great. $7.00 per person and they take you as close to the beach as you can get. If you had to trek up the hill/steps to the public bus stop after a day at the beach it would be tough. Also, both our driver over and back talked the whole way giving info about the island and answering questions, they were fantastic. We also found out the mini buses were doing return trips till 7:30 that night as two big ships were I port. We stayed from 10:00 am till about 5:30 pm. A wonderful day and ENJOY your visit!

I was (am) supposed to go to my townhouse in Florida during the week of Aug. 20-27 but it was damaged by tropical storm Cindy and we are having issues getting the repairs going. So, if I need to find a last minute alternate should I choose a 7 day Eastern Caribbean or Bermuda cruise? Which would be least crowded during that time? I am leaning toward Bermuda but am just wondering how it is that time of year. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Late August is high season in Bermuda versus off season in the Caribbean, so Bermuda will be about as crowded as it's going to get while the Eastern Caribbean will be as uncrowded as it's going to get. That having been said, I've never had a feeling of being in a crowded place when in Bermuda.

I'd pick Bermuda over the Eastern Caribbean. There's no comparison in my book.

We were in port the week of July the 4th and 4 of us took the mini bus over and back. It was great. $7.00 per person and they take you as close to the beach as you can get. If you had to trek up the hill/steps to the public bus stop after a day at the beach it would be tough. Also, both our driver over and back talked the whole way giving info about the island and answering questions, they were fantastic. We also found out the mini buses were doing return trips till 7:30 that night as two big ships were I port. We stayed from 10:00 am till about 5:30 pm. A wonderful day and ENJOY your visit!

I agree with you that the $7 minibus is currently the best option to get to and from Horseshoe but I have to take exception that going up the hill is tough. Only for people with mobility problems or who are out of shape would be tough. I walked up the hill many times before they had the minibuses and didn't break a sweat.

Thank you...this is exactly the sort of info I was looking for. I usually go to the Caribbean in the Winter and it's gotten so crowded that it makes the beaches unpleasant. I had no idea how it would be in August. It's good to know that even though it's high season in Bermuda it shouldn't be too bad.

Late August is high season in Bermuda versus off season in the Caribbean, so Bermuda will be about as crowded as it's going to get while the Eastern Caribbean will be as uncrowded as it's going to get. That having been said, I've never had a feeling of being in a crowded place when in Bermuda.

I'd pick Bermuda over the Eastern Caribbean. There's no comparison in my book.

Thank you...this is exactly the sort of info I was looking for. I usually go to the Caribbean in the Winter and it's gotten so crowded that it makes the beaches unpleasant. I had no idea how it would be in August. It's good to know that even though it's high season in Bermuda it shouldn't be too bad.

If you go to Horseshoe Bay Beach, which is the most popular beach in Bermuda, there will be a lot of people there, but the beach is very large and all you have to do is walk a bit to get away from the crowds.