Pinnacle Grill Lunch Price Gone Up?

Luvsnorkeling

We really enjoy lunches (much more then dinner) in the PG. On a few cruises we have been surprised at how empty the venue was at our lunch time. One bummer is that when they started the lunches they had a burger on the menu...that was made with Wagyu Beef. Being a life long burger fan I tried that Wagyu burger and it was among the best burgers I have ever tasted. But last year, we noticed that they no longer had Wagyu...and now....its just a burger. Still good...but not the same as that wonderful Wagyu stuff.

Hank

We loved the Pinnacle Grill lunch on the Zuiderdam earlier this year. It was still $10. We're not to the Mariner level to get a discount yet, but it was well worth the price. The day we ate there was when we were at the Panama Canal, when the main dining room was not open for lunch. I had the crab cake appetizer, salmon, and warm chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream (instead of coffee gelato) and popcorn crunch. DH had the crab cakes, tenderloin, and brownie.

We loved the Pinnacle Grill lunch on the Zuiderdam earlier this year. It was still $10. We're not to the Mariner level to get a discount yet, but it was well worth the price. The day we ate there was when we were at the Panama Canal, when the main dining room was not open for lunch. I had the crab cake appetizer, salmon, and warm chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream (instead of coffee gelato) and popcorn crunch. DH had the crab cakes, tenderloin, and brownie.

We have never had lunch in the Pinnacle, but those menus sound wonderful! This will be a must on our next cruise.

Had been reading on various trip reports about a $10 per person price for lunch in the PG on sea days. But then read where someone else said the price has gone up. Can anyone tell me the lunch price currently (as of July 2017)? Thanks!

Okay, but we are not 4 star Mariners so don't get a 4 star discount. Anyone know the current price for us "regular" folks? :-)

If the price of lunch in the PG is the deciding factor on whether or not you book a cruise, I suggest you call HAL directly and ask. The Posters here on CC are generally well-intentioned, helpful folks, BUT often their information is outdated or (horrors!) just plain wrong. So I suggest you contact HAL for any "go-no-go" information on a specific cruise.

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

If the price of lunch in the PG is the deciding factor on whether or not you book a cruise, I suggest you call HAL directly and ask. The Posters here on CC are generally well-intentioned, helpful folks, BUT often their information is outdated or (horrors!) just plain wrong. So I suggest you contact HAL for any "go-no-go" information on a specific cruise.

Seriously?

In my experience, Information from some of the knowledgeable posters here is far more reliable and valuable (since they have first hand experience) than what I have received from some of the call centre HAL staff. But, that is just my experience ;)

Still $10 last week on the Veendam, less usual 4-star Mariner discount.

Last week not recent enough for you :rolleyes: ???

Seriously?

In my experience, Information from some of the knowledgeable posters here is far more reliable and valuable (since they have first hand experience) than what I have received from some of the call centre HAL staff. But, that is just my experience ;)

We all know that 3 calls to HAL with the same question elicits 3 different answers, so we come back here to find out for sure.;p

Seriously?

Last week not recent enough for you :rolleyes: ???

Yes, SERIOUSLY!!! Since my earlier Post was not entirely clear (to you), let me expand: (1) No one - not even the best HAL employee - is 100% accurate all the time (However, if you get your information directly from HAL, you can at least hold HAL responsible for its employees' errors by, at a minimum, posting on CC how horrible the HAL call center staff is, which I have noticed many Posters are more than eager to do.); and (2) OP is obviously looking for information as to what the PG price will be for a (unspecified) future cruise she/he is considering and NOT what that price was last week or yesterday or, for that matter, this instant.

QED

Had been reading on various trip reports about a $10 per person price for lunch in the PG on sea days. But then read where someone else said the price has gone up. Can anyone tell me the lunch price currently (as of July 2017)? Thanks!

Yes, SERIOUSLY!!! ... (2) OP is obviously looking for information as to what the PG price will be for a (unspecified) future cruise she/he is considering and NOT what that price was last week or yesterday or, for that matter, this instant.

QED

Seems to me quite clear you did not read or did not comprehend the OP`s request ...:rolleyes: He/she requested the "current" price and that is exactly what was provided!

p.s. And if someone wants to hold me responsible for the answer, I will stand by it ... all $10 of it!

We all know that 3 calls to HAL with the same question elicits 3 different answers, so we come back here to find out for sure.;p

Exactly! I trust info provided here far more than that provided by Seattle...ANY day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to me quite clear you did not read or did not comprehend the OP`s request ...:rolleyes: He/she requested the "current" price and that is exactly what was provided!

p.s. And if someone wants to hold me responsible for the answer, I will stand by it ... all $10 of it!

It is also "quite clear you did not read or did not comprehend" my response, as it was clearly predicated on someone wanting information for a future cruise. After all, of what earthly good would current PG pricing information be to someone who is thinking of booking a HAL cruise in, for example, December, 2017?

It's unfortunate that you and the other members of the CC "In Crowd" see all Posts (by non-"In Crowders") as personal attacks on you and/or your opinions. That is/was not my intention. So, notwithstanding your snarky attacks, I intend to continue to point out that CCers (no matter how well-intentioned or passionate) do not have a lock on the best, latest and most reliable information about HAL.

But thanks anyhow for your kind and insightful comments.

It is also "quite clear you did not read or did not comprehend" my response, as it was clearly predicated on someone wanting information for a future cruise. After all, of what earthly good would current PG pricing information be to someone who is thinking of booking a HAL cruise in, for example, December, 2017?

It's unfortunate that you and the other members of the CC "In Crowd" see all Posts (by non-"In Crowders") as personal attacks on you and/or your opinions. Notwithstanding your snarky attacks, I intend to continue to point out that CCers (no matter how well-intentioned or passionate) do not have a lock on the best, latest and most reliable information about HAL.

But thanks anyhow for your kind and insightful comments.

Pot, meet kettle:D Seriously though, information given here is usually much more accurate than that given by HAL reps at their HQ.

Asking a question and getting replies is the purpose of the boards. Information being transferred from one cruiser to another, generally in a pleasant and courteous fashion.

You made quite a leap. Instead of answering the question you made assumptions that the answer of the question would be the deciding factor in the OP booking. No such claim was made. Then you went on to comment on the validity of the replies already given and get snarky when posters call you on it?

... You made quite a leap. Instead of answering the question you made assumptions that the answer of the question would be the deciding factor in the OP booking. No, actually I assumed nothing and clearly indicated that IF it were a deciding factor, then OP should consult HAL. No such claim was made. Then you went on to comment on the validity of the replies already given (Again, not so, as I made no reference to any replies already posted and clearly made a general comment about the reliability of CC advice.) and get snarky when posters call you on it? Actually it was the responses to my initial Post that were snarky ... and I may have responded to them in kind!

See my comments in blue above ... and have a good day :)

We have never had lunch in the Pinnacle, but those menus sound wonderful! This will be a must on our next cruise.

I recommend the Pinnacle Grill for lunch over dinner! We did it last cruise and it was fabulous, and not quite as filling as dinner. Dinner just stuffs me, and lunch was much more comfortable. Everything was top notch and the price! You can't beat that price.:D

Semantics are like statistics. You can work them in many ways to support your position.

Huh???

According to the English Oxford Living Dictionary:

semantics

plural noun

1usually treated as singular The branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. The two main areas are logical semantics, concerned with matters such as sense and reference and presupposition and implication, and lexical semantics, concerned with the analysis of word meanings and relations between them.

And from Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Definition of semantics

1 : the study of meanings:a : the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development

So thank you for the compliment - as a life-long student of the English language, I am thrilled when others recognize that.

Smooth sailing :) :) :)

Edited by avian777