Oprah on Alaska cruise now!

Erwende

Erwende, Krazy Kruizers, GradUT, canadianbear, bUU, etc.

Count my wife as well - she's following her on social media, although she tells me she's just interested to see what it will be like on our upcoming Eurodam/Alaska cruise.

Riiiiiiight........

I am just glad I am not on this cruise to Alaska. I don't want to subsidize anyone's vacation but my own! Why we would care who is also on a ship with us?

If I found out that there was some one with a "so called" big name going on a cruise, just like booking with a large group I would most likely change my booking to another day or another ship.

I don't want to subsidize anyone's vacation but my own!
Yet you're "subsidizing" the "vacation" of all those who are performing and appearing on the ship, from the Catholic priest to the piano players to the comedians to the dancers.

As a stockholder I am fine with this. Never did find out which stateroom she is in. This is a promotion for HAL and I hope Mariners will accept it as part of the promotional campaign for now. The stock is still doing well.

Yet you're "subsidizing" the "vacation" of all those who are performing and appearing on the ship, from the Catholic priest to the piano players to the comedians to the dancers.

Maybe, but they aren't staying in a penthouse suite. And they do work for me! What is Oprah going to do for me, Speak??? I watched her in Baltimore with Richard Sher on "People are talking" and she didn't do anything for me then..... I don't think much has changed.

Maybe, but they aren't staying in a penthouse suite.
It isn't clear where Oprah was. Regardless, it doesn't matter. It's just a differential, and spread over 2000+ passengers a trivial one at that.

And they do work for me!
Not every single one of them. And that's really the point: If you're going to begrudge what the cruise line does to serve other passengers you're going to end up very bitter. What about the staffers who staff the childcare center. We have no children. What about the staffers who staff the future cruise desk? We're not going to book another cruise. What about the folks who maintain the basketball court? We're not basketball players.

Not every single one of them. And that's really the point: If you're going to begrudge what the cruise line does to serve other passengers you're going to end up very bitter. What about the staffers who staff the childcare center. We have no children. What about the staffers who staff the future cruise desk? We're not going to book another cruise. What about the folks who maintain the basketball court? We're not basketball players.

Very simply, they are not on vacation. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly believe she will be working as hard as the people you referenced?
Do you? I sure don't. What a ridiculous line of rationalization you're peddling.

When Oprah cruises on vacation, it's on David Geffen's private yacht.

Who cares? She's a person not some Deity. It looked like her neighbor already had a camera in her face before breakfast.

Obviously you LOL you clicked on the post blizzard boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you honestly believe she will be working as hard as the people you referenced? HAHAHAHA Maybe we should start a thread on how much to tip her or is she covered by the HSC?

spot on taxmantoo :)

As a stockholder I am fine with this. Never did find out which stateroom she is in. This is a promotion for HAL and I hope Mariners will accept it as part of the promotional campaign for now. The stock is still doing well.

I agree. Promotions/advertising are good for the line. They had the Stars from Dancing with the Stars a few years back and people didn't seem to mind. If you are an Oprah fan, this would be a fun cruise. If not, then it wouldn't be as appealing.

Last year Celebrity did a few cruises with top 40 pop stars as entertainment. They did one show and the rest was "vacation" time. If you were a fan of the artist, it would have been fun. A few years back, the Duck Dynasty family did a themed cruise (not sure what line) and it sold out quickly.

It seems to be a trend that most mass market lines are trying.

Thank you

I thought she would be in the Penthouse.

We have stayed in the Pinnacle Suite on the Eurodam and our view was a wee bit different down below. Guess we were on the other side.

I actually was just guessing that's where she would be but have no idea.

I did see on HAL's Facebook page a photo of her & Gayle with binoculars apparently watching eagles & bears so hopefully they are having a wonderful time and will say great things about their trip and HAL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums