European Seven Seas, September 5 - 22, 2017, ship is Costa Pacifica

Chaparra55

How can we go to Rome when we dock. Are there taxi services?

Welcome to CC and Costa forum.

I would recommend the options that Tenpin mentioned, we have done both with no problem.

The advantage of the Costa transfer is that the ship will wait for the bus if it is late., but will not if late back from a private tour.

The last price I have is €34.95, tour is 9 hours (including transfer time), with a tour guide on the bus.

Most cost efficient would be either taking the free port shuttle bus to the parking lot and walk from there to the train station. Or when you dock close to the Forte Michelangelo like I did with the Diadema just walk directly from the ship. Walking in the port area was supposed to be prohibited but on the Diadema there were lots of people doing it without a problem. On the way to the train station you should see small shops having signs outside that they sell the BIRG public transport ticket valid for regional trains to rome and public transport in rome. The day ticket was 12€ but might be slightly raised by now.

Hop on the next train to rome and take an earlier than the last train back just in case of a delay. In general that is pretty safe as hundreds of cruise ship guests do the same every day.

How do we contact Costa tours?

Go to Costa site

Log-in to My Costa with name & booking number (bottom of page)

You can then see all excursion's and book them, you can cancel up to five days before sailing and do not pay until on board.

You can also click on link at top to personalize your cruise just to have a look at what is on offer as drinks/tours/cabin extras etc.