Stroller on excursions

eb0803

Hi,

We will be cruising to the Caribbean next month on the carnival dream, and I was wondering if anyone had experience with bringing strollers along on their excursions. We will have a 1 year old in tow and would love to have a place for her to nap comfortably for her and us; however, I'm not sure if there will be room on the bus/vans for our stroller. I also know not all of the things we will be doing are stroller friendly, but we'd really like to have it for before and after some of our excursions. We booked a dolphin encounter, for example, that will only last roughly two hours so I know we will want to spend more time around the port but will really need the stroller to do so.

Any experience?

The most useful kind is a smaller one that folds up umbrella style, but also reclines some and has at least a small basket and sun shade. That way you can put it between your legs if needed on a bus, but also recline it if your kid will sleep in it (I soooo wish my son would have done that!!!). We used a Chicco Echo for cruising, bus/subway in NYC, etc. and it worked very well. There are a bunch of options in the $50-150 price range that would work well if you don't already have one.

Edit: If you have a baby carrier, take that too. I wore my son a TON in our Ergo and Tula when he cruised at 10 months and also at just over 2. We used both the carrier and the stroller a lot for different things.

The most useful kind is a smaller one that folds up umbrella style, but also reclines some and has at least a small basket and sun shade. That way you can put it between your legs if needed on a bus, but also recline it if your kid will sleep in it (I soooo wish my son would have done that!!!). We used a Chicco Echo for cruising, bus/subway in NYC, etc. and it worked very well. There are a bunch of options in the $50-150 price range that would work well if you don't already have one.

Edit: If you have a baby carrier, take that too. I wore my son a TON in our Ergo and Tula when he cruised at 10 months and also at just over 2. We used both the carrier and the stroller a lot for different things.

Awesome Thanks! I actually do have an umbrella stroller that reclines that we used in Disney that was so nice for them to nap in. And good idea about the carrier, because I forgot to mention that I do also have a 3 year old that may want some stroller time as well so I can just wear my 1 year old at those times.

I think we decided to just take our stroller on port days, and we will just play it by ear where we will leave it if we are doing something that isn't stroller friendly.