Wine Package on B2B

knippsel

We're doing a B2B on the Koningsdam in August and having finally made 3-star, we thought to purchase a wine package (discount - yeah!). Does anyone know if the package can be carried through from the first cruise to the second, just in case we don't consume it all at the beginning?

Thanks. Kathy

Just be certain to talk to your wine steward. He may not be your wine steward on the second segment of your cruise. Talking to him will get everything moved to the new one.

They do rotate.

That's a very good tip. The wine stewards are usually on top of things, but it's always best to play it safe.

I think you can request your bottles of wine at any time, you pay for them up front, so you could take them to your room, store them there and bring them to the MDR to be chilled, for example.

We are going on a long cruise and I'm thinking of ordering our wine and taking "possession" of them early in the cruise because last long cruise they ran out of what we were drinking. I've heard of others who had that experience also, so this itme I want to be better prepared. m--

I think you can request your bottles of wine at any time, you pay for them up front, so you could take them to your room, store them there and bring them to the MDR to be chilled, for example.

We are going on a long cruise and I'm thinking of ordering our wine and taking "possession" of them early in the cruise because last long cruise they ran out of what we were drinking. I've heard of others who had that experience also, so this itme I want to be better prepared. m--

This is a good idea!

It happened to us on our last cruise. However, the wine steward substituted a wine not from either either package, since he said there was nothing comparable. The substitute was much better and more expensive!

I believe if you "pre-order" your wine, your wine steward will set it aside for you so you won't have to take it to your room.

This is a good idea!

It happened to us on our last cruise. However, the wine steward substituted a wine not from either either package, since he said there was nothing comparable. The substitute was much better and more expensive!

I've had the same experience with the substitutions too!

They are always better and more pricey ;).

We had the same experience in 2015 on a cruise we are repeating and see you will be enjoying the same this year; The Atlantic Adventure. Anyhow we also were contemplating buying our favorite wine and taking to the room, which would be a hassle as it is a 49 day cruise.

If anyone can verify that the wine steward will indeed mark and save back purchased wine this would certainly be less of a nuisance.

Thanks for your insights.

We had the same experience in 2015 on a cruise we are repeating and see you will be enjoying the same this year; The Atlantic Adventure. Anyhow we also were contemplating buying our favorite wine and taking to the room, which would be a hassle as it is a 49 day cruise.

If anyone can verify that the wine steward will indeed mark and save back purchased wine this would certainly be less of a nuisance.

Thanks for your insights.

He did it for us when we were on a 30 day. He warned us that a Merlot DH liked was getting low. that made me ask about a white I liked and it too was popular. DH asked if he could get them now and have set aside and he did ;)

Now, I am not sure if he would have set 49 bottles aside ;) but he set 8 aside for us ;) They are storing the wine anyways, aready, so now they are just putting a label on it, in essence.

I would just explain that there are certain wines you want to be certain of getting, are prepared to pre-order and ask your wine steward if they can be set aside for you when you are on board. I have always found our wine stewards very accommodating :)

Thank you Jacqui. I hadn't though of asking them to mark them and store them for us in their wine cellar. We will buy a package, and those wines are the ones they run out of on a long cruise.... which is mystifying that it seems to keep happening!

Our wine steward, Kaye, did substitute for us last time, it was our last bottle on the package; she brought out one bottle of something she thought would work for us which she opened for us to try, and we didn't like it at all, so she got us a bottle of something we knew we'd like (because we drink it at home), even though it was not one of the package selections. It must drive the wine stewards nuts! m--

Thank you Jacqui. I hadn't though of asking them to mark them and store them for us in their wine cellar. We will buy a package, and those wines are the ones they run out of on a long cruise.... which is mystifying that it seems to keep happening!

Our wine steward, Kaye, did substitute for us last time, it was our last bottle on the package; she brought out one bottle of something she thought would work for us which she opened for us to try, and we didn't like it at all, so she got us a bottle of something we knew we'd like (because we drink it at home), even though it was not one of the package selections. It must drive the wine stewards nuts! m--

You are most welcome.

Whenever they have run out and offered me something else, it is not part of the package and has been a better, more expensive choice.

I think the good wine stewards are prepared for this and already looked at the substitution possibilities ;)

Thanks Kazu for your detailed suggestions. I always make it a point to follow your commentary because of your 1) common sense 2) gracious attitude no matter the query 3) you are always spot on!

Because of your advice I have decided to see if I can locate my wine steward on embarkation afternoon before the first night's rush and let him decide how to ensure my favorites last the cruise. Thanks again!

Cheers--Charles

Thanks Kazu for your detailed suggestions. I always make it a point to follow your commentary because of your 1) common sense 2) gracious attitude no matter the query 3) you are always spot on!

Because of your advice I have decided to see if I can locate my wine steward on embarkation afternoon before the first night's rush and let him decide how to ensure my favorites last the cruise. Thanks again!

Cheers--Charles

oh my, :o how very kind of you.

You know what, you can also just wait until the 2nd night's dinner when you have had time to "get to know each other" as well. The wines won't be gone by then ;)

embarkation day is pretty busy.

Please don't misunderstand this after your kind words, but, I wouldn't ask on embarkation day or the first night.

I'd either wait for the 2nd night or ask where they are working on day 2, and ask there too.

Now, I am probably in trouble:eek: but, that's my honest thought.

I never ask on embarkation day. Just introduce ourselves, order our stuff, tell him we will be drinking wine on a regular basis ;) and will need his services (oops, I have seen a female too once so no gender bias intended). they are SO busy on embarkation day. Now, that being said, if they are chatty and not rushed, no harm. But I suspect, despite the smiles they put on they are all bushed on embarkation day.

re asking wine steward how to retain favorite wine from selling out:

oh my, :o how very kind of you.

You know what, you can also just wait until the 2nd night's dinner when you have had time to "get to know each other" as well. The wines won't be gone by then ;)

embarkation day is pretty busy.

Please don't misunderstand this after your kind words, but, I wouldn't ask on embarkation day or the first night.

I'd either wait for the 2nd night or ask where they are working on day 2, and ask there too.

Now, I am probably in trouble:eek: but, that's my honest thought.

I never ask on embarkation day. Just introduce ourselves, order our stuff, tell him we will be drinking wine on a regular basis ;) and will need his services (oops, I have seen a female too once so no gender bias intended). they are SO busy on embarkation day. Now, that being said, if they are chatty and not rushed, no harm. But I suspect, despite the smiles they put on they are all bushed on embarkation day.

Wisdom indeed; double thanks. --C