Beachiekeen

Is this doable?

Ferry to St. George from Dockyard

Walk to St. Peter's Church

Walk to Unfinished Church

Walk to Tobacco Bay

Walk to Fort St. Catherine

Walk to St. Catherine's Beach

Then what should we (we is myself and my husband) do assuming we end at St. Catherine's? Retrace our steps or is there a bus that we take back to the ferry?

Is there any way we can get to Swizzle Inn from here? If not, is there anywhere recommended to eat in St. George?

Also I am assuming that if we wanted to do Tom Moore's and the caves (and maybe do Swizzle Inn then), then that would need to be on a separate day?

I also read that you can take a bus to Hamilton and sightsee and then take the ferry back from there instead. That seemed like a good way to hit both locations in one day. Is this a good idea?

We are in Bermuda on the Dawn October 22-24. TIA.

Edited by Beachiekeen

Is this doable?

Ferry to St. George from Dockyard

Walk to St. Peter's Church

Walk to Unfinished Church

Walk to Tobacco Bay

Walk to Fort St. Catherine

Walk to St. Catherine's Beach

Then what should we (we is myself and my husband) do assuming we end at St. Catherine's? Retrace our steps or is there a bus that we take back to the ferry?

Is there any way we can get to Swizzle Inn from here? If not, is there anywhere recommended to eat in St. George?

Also I am assuming that if we wanted to do Tom Moore's and the caves (and maybe do Swizzle Inn then), then that would need to be on a separate day?

I also read that you can take a bus to Hamilton and sightsee and then take the ferry back from there instead. That seemed like a good way to hit both locations in one day. Is this a good idea?

We are in Bermuda on the Dawn October 22-24. TIA.

You are arriving on Sunday, so the itinerary you posted is for Monday.

What are your plans for Tobacco Bay? What are your plans for Fort St Catherine Beach? Will you tour Fort St Catherine?

A word about sea glass mentioned in the PP: Sea glass. Glass weathered smooth by the ocean, can be found on beaches throughout the Island but is particularly common on a few smaller beaches. It is sometimes used to make jewellery and various decorations. Cruise ship and other visitors have been spotted seeing it and taking it away, to the huge annoyance of locals. Neither residents nor visitors are allowed to take sand, shells, coral, sea fans or sea glass out of the beach or ocean or out of Bermuda.

Once you completed at FSCB, look for a taxi or a van if they are still running to get you back to King's Square or the ferry dock.

Depending on how much time you spend doing the posted itinerary, will determine if you have time to do anything else.

The one thing I'm sure you could fit in, would be a stop at the Swizzle Inn. Board an inbound route #1, 3, 10, or 11 bus at the bus stop on York St. Remember to buy tokens before boarding a bus.

SBtS

Thanks so much! Yeah I know it depends on how much time we take as to what else we have time for. We'll just see what there is to see and spend some time at the beach.

The main thing I wanted to know was can we walk that entire route and then the best way to get back.

Thanks so much! Yeah I know it depends on how much time we take as to what else we have time for. We'll just see what there is to see and spend some time at the beach.

The main thing I wanted to know was can we walk that entire route and then the best way to get back.

Yes, you can walk the entire route, and return by retracing your steps. If you're lucky, vans may be still running at the time of your visit, or wave down a taxi should you see one. Just so you know, FSC and FSCB are next to each other,

Another member asked for the map below. It includes destinations of Fort Alexandra and Gates Fort which you won't be doing. The distance just walking from King's Square to FSC is about 1 mile.

SG3.jpg

Did I do this map originally for you because I've identified all the destinations on your itinerary?

SBtS

Thank you Beachikeen for posting your question as I am doing a similar walk around St. George in August as what you have planned.

Thank you to everyone else who provided excellent information and the map. This has taken a bit of the stress away as one tries to figure out how to get from point a to b, c and d for a first time Bermuda visitor.

Thank you Beachikeen for posting your question as I am doing a similar walk around St. George in August as what you have planned.

Thank you to everyone else who provided excellent information and the map. This has taken a bit of the stress away as one tries to figure out how to get from point a to b, c and d for a first time Bermuda visitor.

I know, right? It's been tough for me to plan this one.

Be sure to come back and let us know how your day went! :) I don't leave until October.

The St. George's area is so small that there need not be any stress. Even with a somewhat inaccurate map like that one. You can get a beautiful pocket map to carry put out by the Bermuda's tourism people at the Visitor Information Centers. And I advise all not to use Google Maps. I put several routes into Google Maps and several of the routes they proposed were screwy. Like their route from the ferry terminal at Pennos Wharf to Tobacco Bay. Don't do that one.

Also there is a Visitor Information Center in the town square and they will answer any questions about directions and such.

Edited by Charles4515

The St. George's area is so small that there need not be any stress. Even with a somewhat inaccurate map like that one. You can get a beautiful pocket map to carry put out by the Bermuda's tourism people at the Visitor Information Centers. And I advise all not to use Google Maps. I put several routes into Google Maps and several of the routes they proposed were screwy. Like their route from the ferry terminal at Pennos Wharf to Tobacco Bay. Don't do that one.

Also there is a Visitor Information Center in the town square and they will answer any questions about directions and such.

Good to know, thanks! Hubby and I are looking at everything this weekend to plan our itinerary. Only 90 days to go!

Charles,thank you for your post. I will pop into the Visitor's Centre upon my arrival. Only 15 days to go! :p

Thank you Charles! I had just shared the map but had not realized it was a little inaccurate!

The other thing I suggest to those who want to have a map in advance, along with bus and ferry schedules, is to download a version from the Go To Bermuda tourism site. In my experience the downloadable version is very similar, if not the same, as the maps at the Visitors Centers.

Thank you Charles! I had just shared the map but had not realized it was a little inaccurate!

The other thing I suggest to those who want to have a map in advance, along with bus and ferry schedules, is to download a version from the Go To Bermuda tourism site. In my experience the downloadable version is very similar, if not the same, as the maps at the Visitors Centers.

Just out of curiosity, what map are you referring to and what are the inaccuracies?

SBtS

Just out of curiosity, what map are you referring to and what are the inaccuracies?

SBtS

The map in post number 5 above says Fort Alexandra instead of Alexandra Battery. It also labels Duke of York Street turning into Mullet Bay Road. I have seen that on Google Maps but on all the Bermuda maps I have they call it Barrack Hill. Perhaps it has a double name? In any case the route is correct.