Japanese Warships in Port Everglades

SS Exeter

I just read that there are two Japanese Warships visiting Port Everglades. They are on a multi-city tour of the US.

I do not see them on the Port Everglades webcam, nor on the Fort Lauderdale webcam.

Anyone know if they are there - or hiding???:cool:

I just read that there are two Japanese Warships visiting Port Everglades. They are on a multi-city tour of the US.

I do not see them on the Port Everglades webcam, nor on the Fort Lauderdale webcam.

Anyone know if they are there - or hiding???:cool:

Try the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 webcam, they are moored side by side.

You can access it from the Port Everglades webcam at the bottom I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boytje posted a screen shot on the Juneau sailaway thread:

Meanwhile, over in Port Everglades two ships from the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force, the training vessel JS Kashima and the destroyer JS Harusame, are in port.

mhvic3.jpg

Roy

Those sailors are a long way from their home ports of Yokosuka and Kure, Japan

20160617202606.jpg

JS Harusame DD-102; lead ship of the nine Murasame-class destroyers of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense force or 'Kaijō Jieitai' in Japanese

2514606.jpg

JS Kashima TV-3508; cadet training ship and the flagship of the JMSDF training fleet

I'll try to get some photos today. We didn't see them come in. Normally we'd know about what happens in our backyard without seeing it on CruiseCritic. Must be slipping. :(

I'll try to get some photos today. We didn't see them come in. Normally we'd know about what happens in our backyard without seeing it on CruiseCritic. Must be slipping. :(

Or "must be sipping (wine)"?

Or "must be sipping (wine)"?

Nope just missed it. I wasn't hoping to get some aerial photos because we had a ride on the Goodyear Blimp today. Unfortunately, they took a route north from Pompano Beach because of "weather." I was trying to talk them out into coming south over Port Everglades because of the "Japanese Defense Forces" ships. But the pilots were all like, "With storms in the forecast, we like to stay within 15 minutes of the blimp base." Oh well, it was cool anyway.

Nope just missed it. I wasn't hoping to get some aerial photos because we had a ride on the Goodyear Blimp today. Unfortunately, they took a route north from Pompano Beach because of "weather." I was trying to talk them out into coming south over Port Everglades because of the "Japanese Defense Forces" ships. But the pilots were all like, "With storms in the forecast, we like to stay within 15 minutes of the blimp base." Oh well, it was cool anyway.

Lucky you on the blimp ride Brian! I got that opportunity once with Goodyear at nearby Carson, CA blimp base. Even got to fly it towards the beach using the wheel, a very cool experience

Lucky you on the blimp ride Brian! I got that opportunity once with Goodyear at nearby Carson, CA blimp base. Even got to fly it towards the beach using the wheel, a very cool experience

It was great. The new blimps are built by Zeppelin. They are very quiet - no headphones needed. They're also much more spacious with double the seating capacity and nice airline style seats. The props rotate, so the craft can actually hover. Pix on wife's Facebook page. She's uploading more now.

Goodyear Blimp base is a drop-off point for Toys for Tots. Give a toy, get entered into a drawing for a blimp ride.

We were originally scheduled for the day before our Eurodam cruise in December, but got canceled for a maintenance issue (bird and prop occupying the same space.) It would have been a cool pre cruise excursion, except that people would have thought that they could book it.

A blimp ride? Hell yeah on the cool!