EXCITING DEALS no longer ever have deals on inside cabins. What's that about?

A Sixth?

We have booked an inside cabin for that exact same reason. A HUGE difference in GBP. we even purchased the classic drink package while Celebrity had their weekend sale last month and have still come out cheaper. Never been in an inside before though so new territory for us there.

We have booked an inside cabin for that exact same reason. A HUGE difference in GBP. we even purchased the classic drink package while Celebrity had their weekend sale last month and have still come out cheaper. Never been in an inside before though so new territory for us there.

We have friends who have just done the same! They usually go for a balcony but realised that if they book an inside they will be able to afford a second cruise.....

I have to be honest and say I do 'need' a balcony. I do think I would be claustrophobic inside...It would be interesting to read your perspective post cruise re was the saving worth the loss of balcony.

For the past number of issues, the EXCITING DEALS has has zero insides on sale even thought there are many available on the sailings on sale.

Another chess move on corporate's part?

The latest

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

It is also incorrect. It says that the Infinity Pacific Coastal Cruises 9/24 and 10/1 leave out of Vancouver. They in fact leave out of San Pedro (Los Angeles). I had to do a double take since we are on a one-way 9/17 from Vancouver to San Pedro. You should think of joining us. Great rate on that one!

We were sailing recently with Oceania and met a retired couple that cruise a lot! They prefer Inside Cabins since they are rarely there anyways and it affords them the opportunity to sail much much more. The price disparity between Inside and Suite on Oceania is huge,several hundred percent. And on the R-class ships, the accommodations say in Penthouse Suite are not all that bigger, 100 square foot at best.

Happy Cruising to you guys!

It is also incorrect. It says that the Infinity Pacific Coastal Cruises 9/24 and 10/1 leave out of Vancouver. They in fact leave out of San Pedro (Los Angeles). I had to do a double take since we are on a one-way 9/17 from Vancouver to San Pedro. You should think of joining us. Great rate on that one..............

Happy Cruising to you guys!

Love to but we're heading to the Med beginning of October to cruise 39 days on the Silouette. (Sure hope that the hotdogs and hamburgers cost less than $9.99 :D:evilsmile:)

The deal is supposed to be exciting,

The answer is simple, Celebrity doesn't think that a inside cabin would excite anyone. 🤔🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

The deal is supposed to be exciting,

The answer is simple, Celebrity doesn't think that a inside cabin would excite anyone. 🤔🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

They used to.

The cabins are still unbooked and the space on the flyer has rows labeled interior

They used to.

The cabins are still unbooked and the space on the flyer has rows labeled interior

And what is the point? You have the same answer that I suggested. The cabins may be available but Celebrity doesn't consider them exciting.

If the cabin is available and you find that it is exciting than book it and keep that little secret to yourself so you can steal more deals that are exciting

I don't think that exciting deals and exciting bargains mean the same. I have seen exciting deal prices for the same cruise that I had booked and they weren't a bargain or discounted. They were a lot more and no perks.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

Supply and demand, my friend. Celebrity obviously make more money on the suites and balconies. They have no problem getting the inside rooms booked, and the newer ships tend to have more balconies and less inside rooms. They also find that people in suites and balconies spend more on board. If they sail out with some rooms empty, they want it to be the inside rooms.

I think also that inside rooms are already priced very low to begin with so people will book them as overall they are less desirable rooms. I have sailed them and am in no way putting down anyone who books them, but they are just not for me. I feel very claustrophobic and can't stand not being able to at least look out and see how the weather and the seas are. I know this is a more remote possibility (albeit not out of the realm of possibility) but I just could not imagine being quarantined in an inside cabin if I or my spouse were to catch noro or another contagious disease onboard. I think I would seriously have issues not being able to leave that room for a few days. Ugh!

If the cabin is available and you find that it is exciting than book it and keep that little secret to yourself so you can steal more deals that are exciting

I don't think that exciting deals and exciting bargains mean the same. I have seen exciting deal prices for the same cruise that I had booked and they weren't a bargain or discounted. They were a lot more and no perks.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Everyone seems to be missing the real meaning of Xciting deals. It's exciting to Celebrity to get such high non-discounted prices for unsold cabins from people who erroneously believe they're getting a deal.

I think also that inside rooms are already priced very low to begin with so people will book them as overall they are less desirable rooms. I have sailed them and am in no way putting down anyone who books them, but they are just not for me. I feel very claustrophobic and can't stand not being able to at least look out and see how the weather and the seas are. I know this is a more remote possibility (albeit not out of the realm of possibility) but I just could not imagine being quarantined in an inside cabin if I or my spouse were to catch noro or another contagious disease onboard. I think I would seriously have issues not being able to leave that room for a few days. Ugh!

99% of the time we book an inside.

It never occurred to us that we may be quarantined.

Back to topic: before the perks were introduced, there was a small difference between the price of an inside and a window. Now, the difference is usually huge.

The most important thing for us is to have a midship cabin. We don't mind insides on Celebrity, which happen to be the same size as the other cabins.

As someone else mentioned, compared to balcony cabins, there are very few insides, so they don't have to promote them.

99% of the time we book an inside.

It never occurred to us that we may be quarantined.

Back to topic: before the perks were introduced' date=' there was a small difference between the price of an inside and a window. Now, the difference is usually huge.

.[/quote']

My theory is there is a cost added into the price to recoup part of the cost of the free perk AKA drink package. Last fall when we were looking at a seven day cruise, on the Equinox in August, the cost to add a perk was $100 p.p. or a little over $14 per day. That's not even the cost of one martini at the Martini Bar.

For the past number of issues, the EXCITING DEALS has has zero insides on sale even thought there are many available on the sailings on sale.

Another chess move on corporate's part?

The latest

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Thanks for sharing the link. I'm fairly new to celebrity. Is this something that comes in an email or do you have to go to the site on your own? My cruise is on here and it is cheaper but I noticed that it says new bookings only. Do you know if celebrity ever does anything for the customer after final payment date?