wheelchair access at Horseshoe Beach?

brucelegs

asking for a friend whose girlfriend is in a wheelchair. I thought I had read that there are now the big wheeled chairs that can be rented at the beach. I would like to pass this info along to them since on their last visit they mostly hung around the port and she never dipped her toes in the beautiful sand and ocean. Also any info on where to get off the ferries in Hamilton or St. George and something they could tour together without too much problem.

thank you so much in advance

asking for a friend whose girlfriend is in a wheelchair. I thought I had read that there are now the big wheeled chairs that can be rented at the beach. I would like to pass this info along to them since on their last visit they mostly hung around the port and she never dipped her toes in the beautiful sand and ocean. Also any info on where to get off the ferries in Hamilton or St. George and something they could tour together without too much problem.

thank you so much in advance

I saw a big wheeled wheelchair on the beach at Horseshoe about three years ago. They did exist. Didn't see it the last two but at could just mean no one was using it. So no guarantee they are available this year. There is a new concession and it is operated by the owner of a restaurant in Hamilton. Their phone is (441)292-7331. Maybe someone at that number can answer your question or give you a phone number of someone who does.

As far as touring if the wheelchair folds up they can take a taxi tour. As far as the ferries to Hamilton and St.George they go to the ferry terminals in each. They could probably go a short distance from the ferry terminals in a wheelchair. Not far as both have hills off the main streets.

Just to add to what Charles said, the acceptance of wheelchairs on the ferry that runs between Dockyard and St. George is up to the discretion of the ferry crew, as some crew assistance will be required. The ferry that runs between Dockyard and Hamilton is fully accessible to wheelchair-bound passengers .