Fun on the Maasdam

mr. godfredo

We had a great time on our July 8th sailing of the Maasdam. I will try and find the time to do a review later. We enjoyed our time in Montreal and loved the ports. The ship was small but in great shape. (no air conditioning problems for us) Here is a short picture video of our trip. As you can see we enjoyed the local cuisine and beers on every stop!

You look like so much fun! We are on that cruise on August 5. Any specific recommendations to pass along? Did you have any of the specialty dinners? How was boarding in Montreal? How early did you get off the ship in Boston?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You look like so much fun! We are on that cruise on August 5. Any specific recommendations to pass along? Did you have any of the specialty dinners? How was boarding in Montreal? How early did you get off the ship in Boston?

We did have a great time1 The ship is smaller than any of the other we have been on but we found her to be in great shape. Montreal is a great city and I highly encourage you to explore and eat and drink! The ship was at an alternate pier when we boarded her and there were no signs guiding people to the ship. We didn't do specialty restaurant but we probably should have as we found the food to be not so great in the dining room. We ate most meals at the Lido and found it to be OK. A great tip is that on the second formal night they serve lobster in the buffet, so we took the opportunity to not dress up and still have steak and lobster in the Lido. As you can see, we ate a lot in ports as the fresh seafood and great beer was easy to be found! You will have a great trip and I believe that Maasdam is still in great shape for her age!

In Bar Harbor make sure to get fresh Maine Lobster and the fresh blueberry pie. We only did one formal tour and that was a half day in Acadia National Park. In all other ports you can walk to many destinations. We did a ton of walking and it made us feel better considering all the food we ate.

Debarkation was easy! We got off at 8:45 and grabbed an Uber for the short drive to the airport.

Very nice video! That lobster was large!

Yes it was! It weighed in at about 2 3/4 lbs. It had a claw missing, so I am sure it would have been well over 3 lbs. I highly recommend that Bar Harbor Lobster Company!

For some reason I can't get the video to play [emoji19]

Sounds like you had an enjoyable time though.

Tried the video again tonight and worked right away thankfully. Thanks for sharing!