Xpress Pass Question

Luvtoeat

I just completed the on line booking which shows 100% complete next to both my name and wife's name. I printed the express pass next to my name which shows me as the primary pass holder. I printed the express pass next to her name and again it shows me as the primary pass holder. Is there only one Express pass and it covers both people in the cabin? Her name does show up in the onboard expense account info section and on page 2 in the luggage tag section. I am just trying to verify if she is supposed to have her own Xpress pass. Any info is greatly appreciated.

We had an issue checking in on one cruise when my DH did not show up on our joint account. I don't know if it was because the agent checking us in was new, she needed to have 2 supervisors come over to correct things. Once on board we had a message from Guest Relations that my DH needed to come to GR to have his credit card swiped. I didn't think much about it until we got the printout of charges on the morning of disembarkation. It showed all of the charges on his account and an unused OVC on my account. Had to go to GR to figure it out. Told us there was a mistake checking us in and they fixed it. Otherwise, we would have had a large bill not off set by the OBC.

I had check the TV periodically but until I saw it in black and white it did not dawn on me that there was a problem.

They do make check- in mistakes..woman we had at the window never added the credit card to our acct .We went to check on our bill and discovered they expected us to pay in cash..,we would not have been able to log off the ship...Always best to check and dbl check...

Sounds like OP is gone..,esp if both names are on the res,

:confused:What's an Xpress Pass?

I'm sailing on the Equinox in Oct., my 1st cruise in 10 years!

I feel a little dazed and confused about the things I may NOT

be aware of, and this is one!

Thanks, fellow cruisers.

I used to get only one Xpass for me and DH, but all the of a sudden a few cruises ago, it started giving one each. We are both using the same credit card, etc. any idea why? When we get two, I have to see where the OBC is and then have either DH or me use our Seapass for purchases. GR can also transfer credits.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I used to get only one Xpass for me and DH, but all the of a sudden a few cruises ago, it started giving one each. We are both using the same credit card, etc. any idea why? When we get two, I have to see where the OBC is and then have either DH or me use our Seapass for purchases. GR can also transfer credits.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just printed off our Xpress pass for our September Infinity cruise. Like always one pass for the both of us.

:confused:What's an Xpress Pass?

It is your boarding pass.

But don't be concerned if you don't have one because you will still be able to board the ship. They will just ask you to provide the missing information when you go to check in.

Obtaining the xpress pass in advance makes the boarding process a little quicker, like getting your boarding pass for an airline flight in advance.

At some cruise ports where there is high security, having it can get you through port security faster too.

At other ports, it doesn't matter.

Even when both our names appear on the same xpress pass, we still like to print 2 copies.

That way we each have one in case we want to board separately, for whatever reason.

No need for the person who is ready to board the ship to wait around at the cruise terminal until the other one shows up.

Thanks!

So basically, I'm going to print out my boarding pass (along with anything else I might

need from Celebrity), and the boarding pass is now called the XPass.

Do I take this with me whenever I get off the ship in order to reboard? The room key

used to also be our ID to get back on the ship.

Thanks!

So basically, I'm going to print out my boarding pass (along with anything else I might

need from Celebrity), and the boarding pass is now called the XPass.

Do I take this with me whenever I get off the ship in order to reboard? The room key

used to also be our ID to get back on the ship.

No. It is handed in at checkin. Your cruise card continues to be your ID to get back onto the ship. Be sure to also have in ports a photo ID which may be required by port personnel to get to the ship.

Just to add a little more confusion, we are on a b2b to Alaska in August. Have completed check in and printed XPress passes. On one leg we are both on one pass, on the other we have separate passes!?????

Just to add a little more confusion, we are on a b2b to Alaska in August. Have completed check in and printed XPress passes. On one leg we are both on one pass, on the other we have separate passes!?????

I think you need One Xpress Pass for each leg B2B Cruise, each Xpress is for boarding each leg.

at the end of the first leg, you will need the second Xpress to re board the ship.

Gerelmx, we do understand that. The question is why do I sometimes have to run separate Xpass for me and DH when we are using the same credit card onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The two PAX are not linked to pay on board expenses with the same credit card that why you need one Xpass for each passenger, also if you are in a B2B you will need 4 Xpass, first leg 2 Xpass one for each passenger, 2nd leg 2 Xpass one for each passenger. If the accounts are linked you only will need 1 Xpass for each leg of the cruise.

If you are on a B2B cruise you do not need an express pass for the 2nd cruise. You will be automatically checked in using the same credit card you used for the 1st cruise. If you want to change cards you can do so at guest relations.

We did a B2B in December. You don't need an express pass for the 2nd cruise. You will be checked in automatically and Celebrity will use the same credit card that you used the 1st week. If you want to change cards just go to guest relations with the new card for the 2nd week. You may have to disembark for customs, did in Ft. Lauderdale, not sure about Seward. If you want to get off the ship Celebrity will give you a transit pass so that you can avoid the check in lines. Your new sea pass will be given to you either the night before or that morning. Any unused non refundable credit from the 1st week will not carry over to the 2nd week. Of course, you might already know this.

Gerelmx, we do understand that. The question is why do I sometimes have to run separate Xpass for me and DH when we are using the same credit card onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Either there is a glitch in Celebrity's system (imagine that;p) or it was the way you completed the on line check in. During part of the process when you switch to the next passenger you have the option to select "same as *****" and then you show as the primary pass holder and you accept all the cruise contract conditions for both of you. I think that if you don't do that you end up with 2 express passes.

Our pass has the phrase "I, ****, authorize the following guests to use this account for all onboard expenses..." Both of our names show after Primary Reservation, but only mine after Card Holder Signature. My name also shows as the Primary Pass Holder.