No Children Cruises

Huh? Do you think those who don't want to vacation around children must be interested in nudity or sexual promiscuity? That's rather a rude characterization.

Not at all. I was just giving a fairly good answer as I doubt that under 18 yo would be allowed on those cruises

It pretty much guarantees a child free cruise

Btw I think it's rude to expect to find a child free cruise in the first place and the way to guarantee it is to book an adults only charter

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

Btw I think it's rude to expect to find a child free cruise in the first place and the way to guarantee it is to book an adults only charter

Why is it rude? That's like saying it's rude to expect pistachio ice cream just because most ice cream parlors don't serve it. If that's what you want, you ask around to find the few ice cream places that carry it.

We have been on several Princess cruises where there was 1 child and he was the young son of the captain. These cruises were longer ones - 20 or 30 days. They were in the Indian Ocean. They were on small ships, the Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess. Both hold 680 passengers. The Ocean Princess has been sold.

Why is it rude? That's like saying it's rude to expect pistachio ice cream just because most ice cream parlors don't serve it. If that's what you want, you ask around to find the few ice cream places that carry it.

Agree. I have no idea why people feel that children must be adored by all around them. It's sad that parents can't grasp the obvious when a cruise line offers zero amenities for children. No clubs, no menus, no facilities of any sort, yet the parents still insist on bringing their kids along and then are upset when others aren't fawning over the children, are cool to the parents, and refuse to dine or socialize with the family. One word--Duh.

Agree. I have no idea why people feel that children must be adored by all around them. It's sad that parents can't grasp the obvious when a cruise line offers zero amenities for children. No clubs, no menus, no facilities of any sort, yet the parents still insist on bringing their kids along and then are upset when others aren't fawning over the children, are cool to the parents, and refuse to dine or socialize with the family. One word--Duh.

The point of my posts I will repeat again is to answer the op question and if he wants a child free cruise then book an adults only charter

Or go to an adults only AI but don't expect a cruise to be child free unless it's a charter

Any cruise line that does not allow kids on a non charter is discriminating against them

So once again to the op....to guarantee a no kids cruise just book an adults only full ship charter. They exist although you may not be fond of the theme.

Edited by Crusin6

The point of my posts I will repeat again is to answer the op question and if he wants a child free cruise then book an adults only charter

Or go to an adults only AI but don't expect a cruise to be child free unless it's a charter

Any cruise line that does not allow kids on a non charter is discriminating against them

So once again to the op....to guarantee a no kids cruise just book an adults only full ship charter. They exist although you may not be fond of the theme.

You might want to look up "discrimination".

Are nightclubs discriminating by not letting those under 18 in?

Are senior communities that only allow those 55+ discriminating against me if I want to move in? Should I sue them?

And as has been stated repeatedly, there are non-theme adults only cruises in the UK.

Not everyone wants to be forced to admire your snowflakes.

There are non-charter cruises that do not allow children........in fact, there's an entire cruise line that doesn't allow anyone under 40 years old. They are not "themed", and they are not discriminatory----they just decided that the rules of their ship is that no children be allowed, just like some restaurants have decided that no children are allowed.

I've been on a wine cruise which was all adult and didn't require nudity or swinging. Ironically there were two couples on the cruise who were swingers, and their behavior was highly inappropriate for a non-swingers cruise. They received a VERY cool reception from other passengers.

By the way, it's not discriminating for a cruise line to not allow children, there are a handful that do. Their ships, their rules.

I've been on a wine cruise which was all adult and didn't require nudity or swinging. Ironically there were two couples on the cruise who were swingers, and their behavior was highly inappropriate for a non-swingers cruise. They received a VERY cool reception from other passengers.

By the way, it's not discriminating for a cruise line to not allow children, there are a handful that do. Their ships, their rules.

Agreed. I don't find it discriminating at all. There is nothing wrong with wanting a vacation that does not allow children. There are many resorts that are "adult only". I don't understand the argument and attacks on each other either. This is what options are all about. There are times I enjoy being around my grandchildren an there are times I enjoy peace and quiet. What is the problem? Why the fighting? To each their OWN...

You might want to look up "discrimination".

Are nightclubs discriminating by not letting those under 18 in?

Are senior communities that only allow those 55+ discriminating against me if I want to move in? Should I sue them?

And as has been stated repeatedly, there are non-theme adults only cruises in the UK.

Not everyone wants to be forced to admire your snowflakes.

You people don't read clearly do you?

My point is the op simply needs to find an adults only cruise and not expect a mainstream line such as ncl or rccl to provide a child free environment

But seriously I doesn't matter what any of us think anyway...oh and btw....a few years back on these threads the question of swingers and nudist cruises came up and I suggested that the swinging population must be rather small.....

Well guess what I was told it was normal and healthy and my neighbors were probably swingers as was the vast majority of adults .....

Lol...I disagreed of course and you would have thought I was I only person on earth that didn't know everyone else was a swinger

Fwiw.....I know everyone on these boards plays games with their posts and says things just to irritate other posters.

That's one reason I love to post here and check in frequently for responses.

My point is the op simply needs to find an adults only cruise and not expect a mainstream line such as ncl or rccl to provide a child free environment

But seriously I doesn't matter what any of us think anyway...oh and btw....a few years back on these threads the question of swingers and nudist cruises came up and I suggested that the swinging population must be rather small.....

Well guess what I was told it was normal and healthy and my neighbors were probably swingers as was the vast majority of adults .....

Lol...I disagreed of course and you would have thought I was I only person on earth that didn't know everyone else was a swinger

Fwiw.....I know everyone on these boards plays games with their posts and says things just to irritate other posters.

That's one reason I love to post here and check in frequently for responses.

You were wrong and so now you're a self-proclaimed troll because the rest of us are, got it.

My husband and I are child-free by choice. We also prefer to go on cruises with as few children as possible.

We have found that cruises in September are great (school is in session and it's too early for "fall break") as well as early May (too late for spring break, too early for summer vacation).

Longer cruises also seem to have fewer children. We did a 2 week transatlantic cruise and there were very, very few children on it... and that was actually on a Disney cruise! Yes, we love Disney and DCL even though we don't have kids, but again, we always go during off-peak times.

You were wrong and so now you're a self-proclaimed troll because the rest of us are, got it.

Nope I was not wrong but will admit that I shouldn't have said everyone on these boards plays games as I certainly don't Lets just say that it's easy for many to play games on the boards

Oh and btw the reason I like to check in often is to read others posts....my posts are true and accurate and reflect my opinion and I don't play games

Posters just didn't like my initial response to the op which as I've stated previously was a suggestion perhaps that would guarantee a child free cruise.

No big deal but if you are bothered by my opinion just put me on ignore. Thanks

Edited by Crusin6

then explain Disney cruise lines.. you know the most Kid friendly corporation on the planet and their EXCELLENT management of rugrats on board their ships.

an entire deck devoted to kids programmings and the hallways were dead silent. a crew and officers who actually ENFORCE the expectation that guests of all ages behave appropriately in the public areas( as in I witness an Officer speak firmly to bunch of kids who were Christmas Treeing the elevators, a cabin steward making kids stop leaning over the railings and dropping things over the side

if it weren't for other issues I had with the line( price being number one) I would return to them , in large part because even during the heavy season where there are traditionally lot of kids they rarely impacted us at all

then explain Disney cruise lines.. you know the most Kid friendly corporation on the planet and their EXCELLENT management of rugrats on board their ships.

an entire deck devoted to kids programmings and the hallways were dead silent. a crew and officers who actually ENFORCE the expectation that guests of all ages behave appropriately in the public areas( as in I witness an Officer speak firmly to bunch of kids who were Christmas Treeing the elevators, a cabin steward making kids stop leaning over the railings and dropping things over the side

if it weren't for other issues I had with the line( price being number one) I would return to them , in large part because even during the heavy season where there are traditionally lot of kids they rarely impacted us at all

You explained it yourself but you are correct Disney does a great job however the op asked specifically for kid free cruises....which Disney is not so to suggest Disney is not a great idea

However...

Disney runs a better ship

Crew enforce rules

Plus they devote huge areas to adults only....and huge areas to the kids....and huge areas to all....hardly what the op was asking for .....which was specifically child free cruises

Edited by Crusin6

Hi-

For the Caribbean, the time of the year makes all the difference. For example, the weeks of holidays and school vacations see the most number of children. If you pick months not in as much demand, such as early December, April (but not around Easter) and May, you're also less likely to have kids on the trip. This is typically what we've done (it can be cheaper too) and found only a handful.

Also, some of the cruise lines have stronger children's programs and features that attract kids, like Royal Caribbean, so they'll naturally draw more.

Holland America and Princess, we've found, have tended to have older cruisers and fewer children in general.

But as all the cruise lines market to families, in the end, the time of year is the biggest factor.

Hope that helps! - Musing About Cruising

Steve (OP): Since you have have asked for adults-only cruises, none of the above lines is for you.

And in particular I can assure you that our Caribbean Princess 7-night Western Caribbean cruise in March of 2014 was swarming with kids. Our 10-night HAL Zuiderdam Southern Caribbean cruise in March 2010 was not, however. I believe there was one 4 year old on board, and the only reason I knew about her was because she was in the suite next to ours. I never saw another child, and the children's areas were ghost towns.

Pretty much all the adults-only cruise ships available have been mentioned on this thread, but for what it's worth, this is a CC article on the subject:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1460

I love how half the responses are assuring you there are no childfree cruises, and the other half are telling you how to find childfree cruises (including entire ships).

Anyway, one other option would be a chartered cruise that is adults-only. Of course, then you'll be sailing with nudists and swingers. =D

Kp

Good to know the other options out there, though.

Cruiselines market to nudists and/swingers......mainstream lines:eek: ????

Which cruiselines ? Just a curiositie........

.....not that I'm interested.....hahaha!

.......no really who? 😶

.......no really who? 😶

Cruise lines do not market them but groups will charter the ship

look up "themed cruises "

I believe Azamara has a charter on one of their ships you book through the company that is doing the charter just like the Gay cruises Atlantis & Olivia who will charter the whole ship for the group

Steve (OP):

. . . our Caribbean Princess 7-night Western Caribbean cruise in March of 2014 was swarming with kids. Our 10-night HAL Zuiderdam Southern Caribbean cruise in March 2010 was not. . .

QUOTE]

The length of the two cruises probably made the difference. School break is long enough in March for families to do a 7 day, but not a 10.

.......no really who? 😶

Yup! Royal Caribbean does at least one full ship gay nude charter and MSC has at least one full ship swingers charter a year. I'm sure there are many more. Think about that next time you sit on that pool lounger, LOL!

I only have one 'must' and that is NO CHILDREN.

I have been on several cruises with no children. At least no children during the day or evening.

They seem to show up for dinner in the dining room with their parents. After that, I don't know where they go, but we never see them.

Seriously, to the OP, if you have never been on a cruise there is no way that you can know if children are a problem or if you will even see any children who may be onboard.

Take a cruise of more than 7 days and see if there is any problem with children. More likely you will find a problem with over-inebriated adults. Ugh!

Seriously, to the OP, if you have never been on a cruise there is no way that you can know if children are a problem or if you will even see any children who may be onboard.

Seriously, someone doesn't have to have cruised before in order to know if they don't want children around on a vacation......even for a little while, or even if well behaved. They didn't say they didn't want problem children (or children causing problems) but that they don't want children around. Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many, many people here curiously over-sensitive when it comes to children. Not my place to speculate, but...

OP, there have been some good suggestions here amoungst the indignation. Namely, smaller ships, longer cruises, particular itineraries, and timing when schools are most likely to be in session. Personally, I can tell you there are no guarantees. I gravitate toward small, luxury lines for many reasons, one of which is the fact that children are very rare, and when a sighting is made, they tend resemble smaller versions of adults (i.e. the ambassador's son on one of the Silversea vessels), or are mostly secreted away with a nanny in one of the suites (the young brood on Seabourn that took over the "secret" hot tub on bow EVERY day).

Good luck with your search and enjoy that cruise!

Bechi