How strenuous is Javins tour?

WiddyTwo

Hello! Can anyone who has done Javins rainforest tour comment on how strenuous the hike is? I have a neuromuscular disorder that causes foot drop and some unsteadiness/balance issues. I wear braces that help so I'm mostly concerned about going down inclines and rocky areas. I've looked at pictures on his page and the hill with the rope to get down and the black rocks area look like they would be the most challenging but I can't tell how big the hills really are in the pictures.

I'm not going to lie, it's the monkey that has me most interested in this tour, plus my boyfriend loves hiking, but I don't want to get myself into something I'm not physically capable of doing just because I want to play with a monkey. I did the cavetubing tour in Belize in February and had no problem with that hike to the tubes, but I have no idea how it compares. Thanks for any help!

I contacted him through his website. It took him a couple days to respond, maybe two or three. I saw your other post that says his shutterfly was shut down. I just checked and it was updated with the last pictures from 7/17, so it's definitely active.

I've been having a very hard time with vendors responding. Vendors in Barbados are taking a week or two. Another vendor on St. Kitts that I contacted on Sunday has also not responded yet. I'm going with "island time" but I've got time to be patient.

Thanks that makes me feel better, but it is hard to be patient when you have limited options and we're only 2 weeks out. I couldn't pull up his Shutterfly page so I did a search on Shutterfly for him and it said something like Pro Gallery services will be shutdown as of April, that made me think it was down for good. Glad to hear he is still posting photos, that is a great benefit if we can get him booked. Good luck!

We booked him for our time there this coming Nov. He took a few days to respond and admitted my email went to spam. So perhaps he hasn't seen your email yet because it's in junk mail?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...